PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only please

Brownie
15-01-04, 23:57
Hi all,

I was just wondering if panic and anxiety can affect your periods. I am pretty late for mine and i was just windering if this could be caused by my anxiety.

-Christie[:I]

emo
16-01-04, 00:03
hi brownie,
i think it probably can do,you often hear about peoples periods been late through anxiety or worry about something.
lots of other reasons as well apart from the obvious!
poor diet,severe weight loss are just some that i can think of.
hope this helps you
take care love em xxxx

Lottie32
16-01-04, 00:12
Yes they can

When I was really bad my were all over the place. This can also happen if you are over tired, under pressure at work, exercising too much, underweight, dieting excessively, taking certain medications etc. etc.

Charlie

stimpy
16-01-04, 00:26
Yes I'm sure it can - too

People forget us wimmin have delicate body clocks that are easily upset.
It could be caused by a number of things, as lottie says, The problem is - it becomes a vicious circle, the later it is the more you worry there may be something wrong.

Try not to worry too much, as these things have a habbit of sorting themselves out, however, if you miss more than one I would consider a visit to the doctor just to be on the safe side.

Don't worry hun, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

bananarbabe
16-01-04, 00:31
Have any of you guys had your periods early as a result of anxiety?

Chris

diana
16-01-04, 02:47
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to add my experience with my monthy visitor :). I have had several problems with my periods due to this disorder. I think it affects your hormones!!!! I think, but not sure. It seems that way with me. Good luck Christie, I`m sure it will be along soon. Rather you want it to or not. LOL.... :D. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

twister
16-01-04, 13:10
I dont know about them being late as I am on the pill and only take a break about twice a year! But does anyone find their anxiety gets worse when they have their period? Mine does.

Emily

diana
16-01-04, 13:40
Yes!!!! Em,

My anxiety is full throttle like a week in advance to my period. My breathing and everything seems to be affected. Weird ey? I wonder why this is?

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

sarah
16-01-04, 13:57
Hi Em

Yes for definate. I get really panicky, like im back at square one. I get hot, dizzy, cant breathe and dont want to leave the house. The only thing im glad of tho is that ive realised why i feel like this now and i can talk myself out of panic easier by telling myself 'its ok, you know why you feel like this, you arent going backwards'...lol

love Sarah
xx

Buby
16-01-04, 17:26
hi guys.

i always thought i was regular, till they were a week late. do you think that has got something to do with my pa's then?

hugs Rachel xxx

diana
16-01-04, 20:46
Possibly Rach, seems that it could be. If you know of no other conditions that could cause this delay in your cycle.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Brownie
17-01-04, 04:44
Hi all,

Thanks for all the input. I am just so nervouse i was supposed to get my period this past sunday and i still have'nt got it. It worries me because i am on birth control pills so i really should'nt be late the pill is supposed to regulate your periods. Does anyone know of any problem this could be? I hope it's just my anxiety that is causing it, but im going to my doctor on Monday.
-Christie[:I]

Lottie32
17-01-04, 10:59
I went through a phase of not having, or having very light periods whilst still taking the pill. I kept thinking that it had failed (even though I am anally retentive about taking them), and I spent a fortune on pregnancy testing kits to find out that I wasn't pregnant, because I had been taking the pill properly!

I finally went to the docs,and he said that it was not unusual for periods to stop or be very light with the pill I was on.

I should still go to the docs just to make sure this is the case with you!

My periods can still be "funny", but I have learnt to chill and not spend a fortune on pregnancy testing!

Charlie