PDA

View Full Version : Scared of driving

Mindy
30-08-09, 10:14
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some encouragement as tomorrow I am destined to do a drive that is WAY out of my comfort zone. Ever since I got my licence, I have had driving anxiety. I lived in a small highway town and had to drive 100kms/hr everywhere I went, so I just had to get in the car and brave my fears. I did get better and managed to do the 30km trip to and from work every day on the highway, so that was cool. Then 2 years ago, we moved interstate and now hubby and I work from home, so I only have to drive locally. We are purchasing another car and we have to pick it up tomorrow and it is over 45 mins away with some roads being really wide and having 3 lanes of traffic each way! I am so nervous about it, and hoping that I do not have a panic attack while driving :weep:
I hate that I do this, cause I would love to be able to just drive a car on any road like everyone else, but for me its different.

Any support would be most welcome!

kathee
30-08-09, 15:27
you will be fine x x just do what i do stay in the slow lane and know that if you need to you can pull off at any time, just knowing this gives me control and i have never actually had to pull off onto the hard shoulder yet, xx ((((hugs))) will be thinking of you 2morrow

pollyanna
30-08-09, 15:45
In the 12 years that i have been driving i have only been on the motorway/highway a handful of times due to an intense fear, so i know where you are coming from, but you have done it before, you are just out of practice, good suggeston from kathee to drive in the slow lane, you wont need it, it just makes us feel better having an option.

Good luck will be thinking about you.

P x