PDA

View Full Version : Skin aging due to anxiety, I can't work out if I'm imagining this.

hoppipolla
30-08-09, 11:01
Hey all, sorry I know a thread about something similar to this exists already but it's just a little different and I guess I wanted to get this worry out of my system and get some opinions.

Am I imagining this? It just seems weird, like when I am lying in bed at night sometimes my nose or whatever is touching the underside of my lower arm, and I noticed my skin felt more supple than usual, like more squishy. This was a bit weird, but now I'm just SURE that when I run pressure along my arms particularly the undersides they wrinkle more than they used to... it just feels my jelly-ish lol

And man I'm 24, what on earth is causing this? Is it real? It might be 100% imagined... but... I just feel that I would notice the difference in feeling at night.

What do I do? I mean I read that anxiety can cause skin to change or "age" but like... I dunno if it does happen is it permanent? Am I imagining this? It's got me really quite worried and a little scared, and I really need advice and stuff ._.

I am just scared of doing permanent damage to myself that's all :(

hoppipolla
30-08-09, 13:15
Ok just found this:

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Does-Stress-Relate-To-Skin-Aging?&id=1031563

I know they're trying to sell stuff too, but I think the facts are fairly solid :)

hoppipolla
31-08-09, 11:21
It's horrible, it's actually really hit me because it's just like... I can't shake this thing that it feels like my own BODY is giving up on me now ._.

And when you feel like that, no matter how much you try to focus and say "I won't give up!" you just look at yourself and think.. "It feels like my body already has ._. "

It really has got me in a mess ._.

hoppipolla
01-09-09, 11:47
I have a doctor's appointment in 2 days and I'm trying not to worry about this but it is REALLY scaring me, I'm sure it just isn't reacting normally it feels really weird and... it's so hard to explain :(

At the moment I'm more confused than anything it's just really odd :(

I might post here more as it just gets out my fear about it.

Adelle
01-09-09, 12:32
Hi, I can see your really worried and I feel for you but I honestly think its your mind playing tricks. My skin has changed over the last decade (im 36) and it is much more "jelly like". I hope your mind is put at ease when you see your doctor. Im sure you will be fine. Thinking of you. :D

hoppipolla
01-09-09, 22:13
Ok this is going to sound really silly but... I think its podge ._. lol xD

I really think ive just been eating too much junk and now Im a little older I show it more, and my arms are just a lil podgy ._. lol

It took me DAYS to come to this conclusion!! lol But yeah I think thats all it is, I am just SO used to being mad thin! lol

Ok well save for me being wrong... panic over I guess O.O I just podgy ._. lol

Thank you so much Adelle for your concern, I do feel silly, and I do feel relieved, but I mainly just think its so silly in general! lol

Its down the gym with me! ^_^