PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal with GAD to feel so sick

Cat80
30-08-09, 16:56
I was diagnosed with GAD over 2 years ago and just can't get on with this sickness. I feel sick as if I'm on the verge of vomiting (and I think I would have if it wasn't for the anti nausea tablets I have) almost 24/7. Even when I'm not particularly anxious I still feel incredibly sick. I can't cope with it anymore because I have a fear of being sick and it's driving me crazy. Dr has said there is nothing she can do other than give me the anti nausea tablets and I'm having CBT for the fear of being sick but it's not making me feel any better. CBT counsellor also said she doesn't know how to treat my phobia because I've not got any particular fear of being sick other than whole sensation. She was expecting me to say I was scared of looking a fool etc but thing with me is just the whole being sick thing is stuck in my head. I think about being sick all the time and when I don't feel sick I think abut it and make myself feel sick.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't cope with this for the rest of my life :weep:

chantelle
30-08-09, 17:26
It will end CAT. Try to distract yourself and you'll be more likely to forget about this feeling - it is your thoughts playing up and making you feel like this - it is not real. Take care and try to be positive........

A little hug from me to you
to make you smile when you feel blue
to make you happy when you're sad,
to let you know life ain't so bad.
Now I've given a hug to you,
somehow I feel much better too
hugs are better when they're shared.
Hope you have a good day
Thinking of you....

Chantelle

BCD
31-08-09, 21:47
This is my main fear, too.

I'm taking metoclopramide, but it is not really working.

Cat80
01-09-09, 10:49
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the hug Chantelle :)

I take Metoclopramide when I need to and it does help to some extent but I've read metoclopramide can cause depression and anxiety so am worried about taking it. I've been on it for nearly 2 years.

BCD
02-09-09, 20:28
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the hug Chantelle :)

I take Metoclopramide when I need to and it does help to some extent but I've read metoclopramide can cause depression and anxiety so am worried about taking it. I've been on it for nearly 2 years.

I've been on it since 2004. I'd love to not take it, but it really isn't an option.

Who invented anxiety?:doh: