PDA

View Full Version : hi & happy to find this site

mollymahoney
30-08-09, 18:45
I'm 26 years old, and only recently connected the dots that all those times when I had gone to the emergency room with my parents as a kid (and even as an adult) complaining of difficulty in breathing and my recent complaints are panic attacks and not my asthma or irregular heartbeats. I've had it much longer than I thought--only I hadn't panicked about it before as much as now. Maybe because the attacks have been increasing and the fear growing.

From what I have observed the symptoms I've had are palpitations, cold sweats, clammy hands, lightheadedness, difficulty in breathing as if the air is thin, fear of collapsing/passing out, chills, fear of going crazy, derealization (i have to pinch myself because the experience feels very out of body), fear of dying.

I don't want to completely lose it. I want to LIVE life FULLY. I want to be free of this fear. I hope we can all find help here.

Mamfa85
30-08-09, 20:16
Everybody is very kind here and there is always someone to listen x

meena
30-08-09, 21:17
i hope we all can get on with life as use to be,the thing now is i am always to depressed to enjoy life,constantly thinking that i am going to die,the fear of death is implanted in my soul,i hope and pray that who ever is going through this will get better soon.

meena.

sarah jayne
30-08-09, 21:37
I know what you mean, i constantly worry about dying, theres not a day goes by when i dont. I really thought i was on my own til i found this site. Im 28 and suffer from anxiety and depression, i just want to have a life again. I hope you feel better soon...x

mollymahoney
31-08-09, 05:37
Thanks for your replies. it's just that it's difficult to get understanding much less sympathy from people who don't understand what we're going through. I'm tired of people thinking i'm just inventing what i'm feeling. or people who think panic attacks are not a real problem.

I hate it when the best people can offer to dismiss what i'm feeling is "you have to help yourself" which most of the time seems more an apathetic response than real concern. Just when you needed love and security from the people whom you think would understand you...