PDA

View Full Version : constant anxiety and panic

Brownie
16-01-04, 04:13
Hi all,

Is it normal for us anxiety sufferers to have constant anxiety throughout the day with a couple panic attacks as well? My meds have helped me with the attacks but i am still extremely anxious i was just wondering if any of you guys have felt this way at one time or another.

-Christie[:I]

diana
16-01-04, 04:56
Yes Christie,

Don`t worry, that is quite normal. I even sometimes just feel awfully anxious, without the panic attacks. It varies at times. You are among us "NORMAL" sufferers it is okay :D. Just try to calm down a bit.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

kate
16-01-04, 10:11
Hiya Christie,

Yes, I agree with Diana, seems to be "normal" to feel anxious most of the time.

I can go for a few weeks just feeling slightly on edge for some of the day, but then will go for weeks constantly feeling anxious.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, so hard to pinpoint a reason.

Just try and relax as much as you can and above all, try not to worry about it.

Kate x

sarah
16-01-04, 15:04
Hiya Christie

Yep I totally agree with Kate and Diana. I can go for days feeling fine, days feeling a little edgy and days when im panicking loads. There isnt really a reason why unless its hormones?
Who knows but yes its totally normal!!!!

love Sarah
xx

Meg
16-01-04, 16:37
Hiya Christie,

Whilst it's usual for anxiety sufferers to feel edgy and anxious much of the time initially, the aim is to slowly get these days down to a minimum and spend most days feeling energetic but calm.

You may still get anxious at points in the day when things happen - like the whole population - but you will be able to reverse it quickly and an incident should not ruin your calm day.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Lottie32
16-01-04, 17:56
Hi Christie

I spent the whole of the xmas holidays (with the exception of two days) feeling anxious all of the time. It is truly a horrible feeling, and very knackering too!

I am so much better now, my main problem is to stop this from happening, and when it does learning how to switch it off. Channelling my energy into exercise really does work, and I try very hard to do things to take my mind off it.

I'm a bit edgy now, I don't know why, it's quite common for me to feel like this during the build up to the weekend, although I am not doing anything at all this weekend. I think with me it a lack of routine that does it for me.

Hope your feel ing a bit better now

Charlie