PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and scared - advice on how to precede please

sahara
30-08-09, 19:18
OK - I have suffered with health anxiety and OCD for a looooong time.

When I am really unlucky the 2 join forces and I end up worrying about a particular aspect of my health which turns into an obsession - in the sense that I cannot let go of it - whatever anyone says or does to help.

I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second and with my daughte I had to have an emeregency c-section.

I was looking into a natural birth after c-section and discovered that I am at risk of someting called placenta accreta - which is more likely cos I had a c-section 1st time round.

The risks are very low but I can't put it into perpsective. I think it has alot to do with the fact i lost my Mum in November and now nothing scares me more than leaving my daughter without her Mum cause I now know how awful it feels to be without your Mum.

I can feel it spiralling out of ocntrol and I wanted to prove to people I would fall apart when i got pregnant agian. I feel like a failure already

amandaj
30-08-09, 20:02
ive had 3 kids 1 by csection and 2 normal deliveries try not to worry i know ist hard
amandaxxx

sahara
30-08-09, 20:04
Thanks did you have the natural births after the c-section or the other way round :bighug1:

IllegallyBlond
31-08-09, 06:02
Hi Sahara. I'm sure that they will notice if something is wrong in the sonograms. They can see the placenta along with everything else. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had problems with my placenta too, and Baby and I are both okay. I also gave birth to her vaginally. I know here in the states if you have had a previous c-section they will most likely deliver the 2nd baby the same way. Especially if there isn't 2 years between your last child and this one. Good Luck, and quit worrying. Everything will be just fine. You don't want to stress too much because that could effect the baby as well. Congrats on the baby! Hugs!

:hugs: