PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - positive feeling wears off 8/9hr

Panic33
30-08-09, 20:39
I've only been taking Sertraline 3 days - but today I took around 9am and feel great all day (nearl back to normal) until about 6pm when I started to get more anxiety like before I started the med. Is this cause the dose is too low and its wearing off or can Setraline be taken twice daily to gain the psoitive effects?

KK77
31-08-09, 22:03
50mg per day is normal dose - that's what l take. But don't forget that like any AD it takes at least a few weeks for the drug to work. I feel as though I'm taking placebo at the moment... Be patient. I don't think taking it as 2 doses will make much difference. What did your GP recommend you do?

Panic33
31-08-09, 23:08
Thanks for your reply :). My GP told me to take as 50mg once a day, but it seems to lift my mood about an hour after taking then wears off after about 8hr.

KK77
31-08-09, 23:53
I know what you mean...it gives you a boost shortly atfer taking it. That's the short-term effect of the drug - it temporarily increases adrenaline. I've noticed it with nearly all the ADs - it gives you a high after a couple of hours of taking it then you're flat as a pancake later in the day/night. It may be better to take as 2 doses, then you'll get a double buzz (but not as strong!) but it may interfere with your sleep if you take it at night...you just can't win with these meds, I tell you...

But to get the real benefits of the drug (if we DO get any that is) we have to wait for a few more weeks... What meds have you been on before? I've been on nearly everyone going with no luck :(

Panic33
01-09-09, 19:26
Its strange because I convince my self I'm fine whilst I'm feeling ok after taking then later in the day feel awful because the anxiety is back. I can't work out if this is just normal anxiety and panic or I'm up and down just why getting used to the ADs. Today I took at 8am, felt great till around 2pm then had a panic attack and now feel worse than ever. [I'm on day 5 of my ADs]

I took 10mg Cipralex daily in the past - only needed for 4weeks , then for 2weeks every other day and have been fine for a year since till around 3weeks ago. I tried Cipralex again but this time had awful side effect( had no side effects last time).

KK77
02-09-09, 14:08
I haven't had any panic attacks, thankfully, but have been feeling more anxiety. Propanolol may help with your panic attacks while you're getting used to the med. I've been getting pins and needles lately.

We started around the same time - it's been a week now for me - so let's see how we get on...

Panic33
02-09-09, 19:40
Keep me posted - lets hope this time next week we are feeling alot better hey :) Had a bad day today, think it was just the panic attack yest that knocked me for 6