PDA

View Full Version : School's gearing up, so is the anxiety

alfisback1
31-08-09, 07:14
Hey everybody, it seems like it's been awhile since I've looked for help from you guys. Once again I'd like to applaud you guys for the amazing support system you offer. I will try more and more to help be apart of that system. But right now I'm amidst a flurry of panic... Over the summer I panic'd about heart problems, then I went and got a stress echo test, an upper endoscopy, and my doctor did blood work of which I fully don't remember but one of then was about a Lymph node count. All the tests came back fine, and my doctor said I was in great health. So I went to a psychologist, and talked to him for a couple of weeks which had helped. But recently I've been getting random back/abdomen pains, headaches, and I've just been generally tired, and I get really tired and irratable when hungry. I now go in and out of moods where I convince myself that I have some sort of cancer, and will like die in my sleep... stuff like that. I find it weird cause I'm normally not always tired, and I rarely used to get headaches.

When I talk, or for this matter type about things, they start to make a little more sense/cause less fear, but when I'm alone there is no telling where it is going to take me.

Does anyone have any similar tales? Suggestions?

Once again, thank you very kindly for the support!

hoppipolla
31-08-09, 11:29
Thing is as people often say, most symptoms you have said can also be very readily caused by anxiety, you know?

I have gotten all kinds of things from mine - headaches and general tension/pains, stomach aches... pretty much everything lol :)

Chances are it's absolutely nothing, and don't forget you've always got NHS Direct there if you want some quick re-assurance and a second (professional) opinion :) The number is 0845 4647 :)

alfisback1
31-08-09, 15:28
thanks a lot!

Yeah the one thing I keep telling myself that it's anxiety cause it's very rarely the same thing every few days. Like last week for a couple days the left lower abdomen of mine was bothering me, then a couple of days later I had a weird headache where I could feel the vein in my head pulse like ever before, then after a day or two that was gone. The only overarching thing is the constant tiredness, and the over-looming anxiety.