PDA

View Full Version : scared of irregular heartbeats

diddler
31-08-09, 09:04
hi everyone im new to this, for the past 5 years i've been getting really bad panic attacks, the thing that kicked them off was a lot of stress in my life, then i started focusing on my ectopic beats, 5 years ago i had a 24 hour monitor and a ten day heart monitor, cardiologist said i was fine, but recent events hav set my panic of again where im foucusing on my heart, i had 24 hour ecg monitor 2 months ago again and blood tests, they said fine apart from white blood ceels was high, but what haas scared me the most is on ssaturday i wernt panicin but i layed down and my heart went weird like floppy where it feels irregular so i had 2 sit up, then layed down again and it did it again which then made me sit up and have a panic attack, now my panics are back because i cant stop thinkin bout it and waiting for the next one
thanks xx

amandaj
31-08-09, 09:17
i get this all the time aswell its horrible, infact i did a post the other day about it , it makes you feel like your gonig to die there and then but we dont we are still here to say how scary it is hope it gets better soon for you

diddler
31-08-09, 09:20
u 2, thanks 4 replyin, its horrible feelin, hope u feel beeta 2 x

cupcakes2009
31-08-09, 11:40
im the same hun, my heart does weird things, i have Agoraphobia so ive not been tested, but it does not do it all the time, only when i keep thinking about it, my doctor has been out loads of times and listens to my heart etc and has told me there is nothing wrong with it, but i get terrified that he might not be right but i do have to believe him. Im sure your fine. xx

diddler
31-08-09, 12:01
thanks katy, what kind of weird things does your heart do, im agraphobic, it took me a lot 2 get there and hav halter monitor, but if u cud go it might make u feel betta, i just kept thinkin if owt happens im in best place, and kept thinkin of safety thoughts xx

Blot
01-09-09, 21:58
Hi Diddler,

I too suffer from panic attacks & have the ectopic beats, palpitations,missed beats & a fast heartrate that sends me into a frightened state when I have a panic attack. In fact I had these symptoms at work this morning & I kept having episodes throughout the morning.I too have had ecgs, 24 hour halters monitoring bp & pulse,cardiologists have examined me & all have revealed that my heart is healthy so I really really understand your fear.Remember that it is all a symptom of the condition we suffer from!

diddler
02-09-09, 06:05
thanku, i know i keep trying to tell myself that, but i think it scares me more when i ant been panicin and get the wobbly heartbeats, then that sends me into a panic x

pinktart2009
02-09-09, 07:43
hi to all, i too have suffered for 25yrs with the same problem, if all tests have proved negative then the only things that are making them worse are ourselves, i have been told by numerous cardiologists that most of the population has ectopics, but never feel them, we on the other hand use all our energies and let our brain take over and leading us to think we have a major problem, so the release of adrenalin combined with the power of the brain tells us different, i have just came out of hosp with the fluttery beats that sent me into a full blown anixety attack, so to help myself deal with panic and anxiety i have Reiki healing and listen to Paul Mckenna, who you feel is talking just to you and hayho, i feel alot calmer..

diddler
02-09-09, 08:23
hi thanku 4 that. how do you listen 2 paul mckenna is it usefull, its the fluttery ones that scare me when your laying or just sat down and feels like its going all over the place, and then you google it which makes you feel worse x

pinktart2009
02-09-09, 13:31
hi diddler . the CD and book i use is called CONTOL STRESS, stop worrying And feel good now!, i got it last week after what happened to me, i use it on my laptop in the mornings when either drying my hair, pop earphones in, i can honestly say this has calmed me , which i thought would never ever happen, Paul talks to you about controlling your feelings and gives you clear advice, i didnt realise how tense my chest and other muscels were,and how powerful the brain is in tricking us to feel we have a life threatening problem, i say to myself every time i get tense, I AM IN CONTROL NOW, and ive learned to smile again, true what the saying is" i feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders,, in the book there are a few simple excerises to do , like pressing the middle finger and thumb together on the right hand and counting, sounds simple i know, but works.listen to the disc as often as u can,,ive even slept 7hrs with my laptop still on my tummy.

diddler
03-09-09, 06:23
thanks iw ill defo try that cd, and hanks 4 the advise, cud i just ask wat your fluttery heartbeats feel like sorry x

pinktart2009
03-09-09, 08:13
hi , they feel as if i got a butterfly futtering in my chest, sometimes i get it in my throat too, it used to panic me and so made everything worse, it jumps, sometimes feels like its just turned over too,

Jaco45er
03-09-09, 08:22
Ectopics, aren't they great ? ;)

I get them on and off, ironically enough I have had a few in the last few days, I get the sensation like a thud in the chest, almost like being in a lift that stops suddenly. Or I get a flutter, which almost makes me feel a little dizzy.

Damn scary, but harmless, see info below:

Ectopic beats are early beats that are the most common disturbance of heart rhythm.

They may be present without any symptoms, or as palpitations described as missed or extra beats, or occasionally cause dizziness.

In most cases reassurance is all that is required, as they are usually completely benign, and not a cause of heart disease.

Drugs are rarely needed.

The term ectopic beats means heart beats 'out of place'. It is applied almost exclusively to early heart beats, and represents the most common disturbance of heart rhythm.

Hands up all that are now reassured :)

Jaco

pinktart2009
03-09-09, 08:55
hi , yep thats what the docs keep telling us, didnt know it was so common till i viewed this site,, i take bisoprolol, it helps, theyr not as severe at the mo,

teez
03-09-09, 11:50
had these off an on for the past thirty years,,like you all i get the fluttery ones which i really hate,,,then i get the ones where it misses several times in a row,,,also the just one offs, that happen minutes apart,,,hubby cant understand why i still let them worry me,,but i say until youve had some,,,you really havnt a clue,,lol

diddler
03-09-09, 14:32
thanks 2 everyone, yeah there defo scary especially when your just layin there and your heart feels like its not in time, makes me sit up o stand up and pace while panicing, thanks again, and i've ordered the paul mckenna pinktart so wil defo try it x