PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here - anyone had good therapy??

TopsyTurvy
31-08-09, 12:52
Hello
I've never joined a forum before but I would really love to be in contact with other people who understand what it's like to suffer from anxiety - I have always been predisposed to anxiety but the last couple of years have really kicked it off big style.... probably because in that time I also moved, got married, changed jobs and had a baby.... mmm.... never thought all that would be a problem when I was my former confident self... now somedays even seeing good friends or going to the shop fills me with dread. Anyway, being an academic type, I figured that if I read about it and did therapy I'd be able to work my way out of it..... I've had masses of CBT.... then something called CAT..... And now am working with someone else on more mindfulness based therapy...... Ah, the thousands I have spent on therapy when I could have been on a beach sunning myself instead..... though what's the point if you're having a panic, you could be anywhere!! Anyway, I'd love to hear from other people about their experiences with therapy and therapists. Also I've not tried group therapy so thought that might be good to try....... Has anyone become disillusioned with therapy? Would LOVE to hear from you.

chantelle
01-09-09, 10:10
Hi there

I've tried kinesiology and had TAT therapy. I found it very good and helped me deal with some issues. What is CAT therapy??
To have the money back I'd spent would be great too as I've bought lots of books and a hypnotherapy tape (all great at the time - thought they'd all be the magic cure........). Anyway, take care and in the meantime.....

A little hug from me to you
to make you smile when you feel blue
to make you happy when you're sad,
to let you know life ain't so bad.
Now I've given a hug to you,
somehow I feel much better too
hugs are better when they're shared.
Hope you have a good day
Thinking of you....

Chantelle