PDA

View Full Version : Who dreads a certain part of the day??

barbn
31-08-09, 15:00
Myself, I hate getting up in the morning...I just never know how I am going to feel....I start thinking almost right away...just hate it....

marcc64
31-08-09, 15:20
Don't really know about times for my anxiety,

The mornings are quite good for my symptoms, but there are times when i wake up with a awful feeling of not wanting to :(

pollyanna
31-08-09, 16:01
I hate/dread the first part of the day, i usually start to feel better come the evening time, not sure why that is.!

sandy35
31-08-09, 18:13
Yes i hate the mornings and i know i have to get up tomorrow to go to a meeting for 10:30 that i would like to avoid but can't really so that is making me feel more anxious than usual today as i am dreading it. I am sure i will be having panic attacks tomorrow when i get up.

pd
31-08-09, 18:26
Late afternoon/early evening is the time when my anxiety symptoms are at their worst. Not a clue why though.

shorty1969
31-08-09, 18:52
Always mornings for me :( but starts to pass after an hour or two :)

pd
31-08-09, 18:54
This is interesting. Most people seem to be worse in the mornings, I'm usually ok till at least 5pm.

sue.b
31-08-09, 20:51
morning for me too. Dread, dread,dread!!!!

seeker
31-08-09, 20:56
No, my worst time is just as I am trying to get to sleep, or worse, when I wake up in the small wee hours! I quite like the morning, when I am relatively fresh and I can't feel any niggly pains!

barbn
31-08-09, 21:36
Seeker - that is me too. I always seem to wake up about 2 hours before I have to and then my mind starts and I only sleep on and off until my alarm goes off and by that time I feel sick to my stomach as I have been "thinking" way too much. Work has been hard today - I can't wait to get home so I can feel a little more comfortable!

paullong
31-08-09, 21:43
Bloody mornings a nightmare but gets better after an hour or 2 but is that cause ive taken my meds then???!!! God knows

telbanham
01-09-09, 10:07
First thing in a morning I'm fine. It is on my way to work maybe an hour later when I am alone with my thoughts in the car journey. That sets me off from around 9am till 11am until I calm down.

The main thing that triggers me is if I have planned to go somewhere or want to enjoy something, then it appears just before I am going to do it.

I think its because I want my partner to enjoy it without me beeing anxious and worried and spoiling everything. :(

CthulhuPunk
01-09-09, 10:14
Late evening/bed time for me. Too much time to listen to my body and mind. :(

MoonlightFire
01-09-09, 11:14
When I'm going through a bad patch of depression/anxiety I always dread the time between leaving work in the evening and getting back home. As soon as I leave work I start feeling really down and the journey home tends to be a real low point of my day.

barbn
01-09-09, 15:43
Telbanham - OMG that is ME!! Just this past weekend my hubbie and I went to the State Fair with my parents - The couple of days before the fair I was a little excited - but when I got up that morning I could feel it coming on (the anxiety). My stomach felt like a lead ballon the whole time, I wanted to cry...but I tried to hide it as I didn't want to spoil my hubbies and my parents time there. By that evening though I felt fine and was glad that I went as I did have a good time part of the time. I wish I was normal....

hayley3
01-09-09, 19:37
mine is firstg thing in the morning when all the thoughts start rushing to me, and im always dizzy when i get up, i never feel ok in the morning, that goes on till about lunch time, then i start to feel worse again when i start to feel tired in the evening, i guess that when my brain is at the weakesed

rjb2214
01-09-09, 22:17
I hate going to sleep, this is because the majority of my anxiety now lies in insomnia.

Here is the typical night:

I set myself down and get cosy in my bed, with a relaxtion cd on in the background or talk radio shows. Window open so a nice breeze and the sound of the wind and/or rain against the trees. Very relaxing tbh..

However, within 10 minutes of lying down, i get restless leg syndrome kicking in, I get body tremors or jolts, sometimes head jolts, random limb spasms and after being comfortable for 5 minutes, im now so restless I have to move about and do something to calm down. It takes about an hour to finally dose off, and i'd be lucky if I got 2-3 hours before im up awake again, either to go to the toilet or with my pillow drenched in sweat. On average, I wake up 3 times a night. However I must be getting enough rest as even though I may feel tired when i eventually get up, it wears off when im up and about.

Thankfully i've had a CT scan which came back normal so it can only be anxiety or side effects to my antidepressant, or both. Very annoying as sleep deprevation can make you highly depressed, but thankfully as I say, I must be getting used to it, or enough rest because I dont really feel that tired, although I do get migraines or tension headaches due to this which is sorted with aspirin

totally_fed_up
01-09-09, 23:15
Evening and night time when I'm trying to get to sleep. It's one of the only times I don't have a constant distraction and it's really frustrating not being able to get to sleep.

kazzie
01-09-09, 23:29
I just dont do mornings.....crawl around at work till lunchtime then Im ok lol

Kaz x:D

kathee
01-09-09, 23:59
night time ....or more specifically bed time.... start to get anxious, feel like i cant breathe.. am convinced if i ever do get to sleep i won't wake up ever again ...urgh !!! drives me insane (pardon the pun !!!!)

looking4answers
02-09-09, 02:24
Usually for a little bit in the morning and then as the sun goes down, but I can get anxious anytime between the two. Sometimes late at night but most of time im too tired to be anxious then.

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 15:01
Mines all bloody day but i suppose morning is the worse i just dont want to wake up and face the day coz i know im going to feel bad

luke1982
06-09-09, 15:14
I feel worse in the evenings in the mornings i tend to wake up feeling pretty refreshed and any aches or pains i had been prodding at the night before in my case my glands feel better until i start all over again in the afternoon & evening.

kerri
06-09-09, 19:48
Mine is the evening, come 6pm im full of anxiety right up until I go to bed and my anxiety doesnt go til i go to sleep. I havent been out in the eveing for 6 years as Im too scared, not quite sure what im scared of (probably everything):scared10:

Carla louise
06-09-09, 21:27
Totally with you on that one barbn, wake up 4am and my mind won't switch off, its a nightmare! and feel shattered at work. Evening is the worst time for me, start to feel really down if I don't have company x

janni
06-09-09, 23:30
Worse later at night, have an apprehension of going to bed all linked to health anxiety. x