PDA

View Full Version : anxiety returns after long spell away with a hot face

mconlon
31-08-09, 15:33
Hello all

It's been a good while since I needed to use the forum since with all the advice here and with some CBT I managed to conquer my anxiety and was living a perfectly happy life (I did however get epilepsy but even that is sorted)

Anyhow, with my new found confidence and ability to function(!!) I started to get involved in life again - being better at my job, relationships, coping with the everyday ups and downs.

Then both my dad and my wifes dad got diagnosed with bowel cancer, and I was starring in a musical at the local theatre for two weeks and then I was doing lots for my job and got promoted - I was keeping busy but handling it.

However during the run of the show my old physical anxieties started again and now after a summer of increasing anxiety incidents I've been promoted again and I'm getting rather strange sensations - my CBT self is telling me these are all anxiety related, but my wee monster is telling me I'm for the off!!

Basicall I am having high blood pressure and fast pulse even when resting and my face is so hot at work it feels like I will explode. Of course I put 2 and 2 together and get heart attack, especially since I know this new job is stressful.

But I don't want to go backward and I'm building up my progressive muscle relaxation and challenge diary but these symptoms are beggining to make me think I''ll have to step down from this promotion - stupid I know.

Anyway, hope some of you great people can give me your thoughts!

MC

alfisback1
31-08-09, 15:37
From the sounds of it I'd be pretty anxious in your position too! Having a loved one get diagnosed with anything can be tough, let alone two both with cancer! My best wishes go out to your dad and dad-in-law! I'm sure they'll be able to dominate their cancer!

But with your current condition it sounds like you're in a high stress position, I'd go talk to my doctor to double check on thing... But it's sounds like anxiety.

barbn
31-08-09, 16:41
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now - myself I am immediately thinking stress/anxiety. I agree double check with your GP - I bet he gives your somethign to help with the anxiety! My best goes out to your family....