PDA

View Full Version : Drove to uni where it all began...

LisaS
14-10-05, 17:16
hi everyone,

I've been doing so well lately and today I have gone a step further! My PA's got so acute when I was at uni in Jan/Feb this year and the place has always got bad memories of when I was at my worst. Not to mention having to miss the last month of my final year which was a huge blow.
However, I have to go back in Jan and repeat the semester and was dreading going up. (its an hour drive).. today I had the day off work and JFDI!!! can't believe ive done it as this was a big hurdle.. A friend told me to see it as a new beginning and not dwell on what happened in the past.. this is hard but I know its the right way to look at it.
I even chatted to my lecturer (with a big smile to prove I wasn't 'depressed'!!)
what a relief is all I can say..
I guess the tough bit will be going back in Jan, but hopefully I'll be cruising by then!!

thanks guys and girls,
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

carlin
14-10-05, 18:14
Hi Lisa, How fantastic!! I think the tough bit was today, and you have cracked it! well done, now when you start afresh in January, you know that you can get there and will be absolutely fine.! Have a lovely relaxing week-end, you deserve it! xxxxxxx

tammyg
14-10-05, 18:21
Great news, that was very brave! Well done!! Hope it all goes just as well, if not better, when you return in January.

Tammy x

Meg
14-10-05, 18:50
Well done Lisa for going and doing it ...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pips
14-10-05, 21:07
Well done Lisa you did great mate. Keep up the good work hun.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

seh1980
14-10-05, 22:55
Nice one!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

trac67
15-10-05, 01:24
Well done Lisa you JFDI lol, keep up the good work.

Take care
Tracxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Karen
15-10-05, 06:10
Well done Lisa. You went and you've proved you can do it. When you start back in January you can remember today and know that it will be fine.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

eeyorelover
15-10-05, 06:22
WAY 2 GO LISA!!! It will get easier every time you do it!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

chucklehound
15-10-05, 08:38
:DWell done!!!:D[^]
Keep up the good work!

Chucklehound
xxx

tracyp584
15-10-05, 11:40
Well done Lisa,

That is brilliant news!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Sue K with 5
15-10-05, 14:35
Hi Lisa

Well done ! its hard to face up to the things that scared you the most , but you did it and you have proven it can be done !

TC

Sue with 5

scknight

LisaS
16-10-05, 14:01
thanks guys,

it means a lot and i'm glad i can share it with you!!

Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

desperate
16-10-05, 17:53
That is great!!

My problems started at uni too....bad choices...bad people.

I missed my graduation coz of it and am hoping one day i can go back and do it!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

LisaS
17-10-05, 08:47
hiya
i also missed my graduation in july and I am gutted. Everything happens for a reason though, so I like to think when I go back in January, it will be a different experience with new people.
I'm not saying it wont be bl**dy odd being in the same rooms where i had previously had panic attacks in, but maybe if i had struggled my grades would have suffered. This way, i'll be much stronger and will (hopefully) end up with a better degree! maybe wishful thinking but who cares!!
I hope you can go back.. I'm 30 and there were plenty of people older than me there, so its never too late!
stick with it,
lisa
xxx

desperate
17-10-05, 10:28
Hi Lisa,

I did get my degree....i got a 2:1!

I just didn't go to the ceremony....i wish i'd of taken maybe a year out though i think you are wise.

Good luck!!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

nomorepanic
18-10-05, 09:11
Lisa

Well done to you and good luck with the future when you go back.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"