PDA

View Full Version : Blood after going toilet.

peter34uk
31-08-09, 21:53
hi,

embarassing subject, nut ive been experiencing a fair amount of blood when going toilet.

I can say im slightly constipated and the stool are a little bit like round pellets but im surprised by the amount of blood.

This only happens when I go for no2!

Any ideas would be appreciated. Is this something to worry about??

pd
31-08-09, 21:55
Probably hemmorhoids, nowt to worry about! Eat lots of fibre and fruit, drink lots of water to help with the constipation, and it should get better.

nomorepanic
31-08-09, 22:01
Sounds like piles to me or a small fissure (a tear).

Loads of us get it I am afraid.

pd
31-08-09, 22:06
Piles = hemmorroids right?

nomorepanic
31-08-09, 22:16
Yes same thing PD

Adelle
31-08-09, 22:33
Hi, This happens to me a lot. I got a fissure about 15 years ago from eating to much starchy foods and straining when I had to go to toilet. The doc said once you have a fissure its very easy for it to tear again as it never fully heals as its so moist in there. As long as its bright red blood thats on your toilet paper is sounds as though its a fissure (tear). Eat more fibre so you dont need to push. Hope this helps and dont stress to much as its very common. My husband has it aswell. Take care. :flowers:

peter34uk
31-08-09, 22:47
Cheers guys, it was the sheer amount of blood that bothered me. A fair amount in the toilet bowl as well as on the paper. Bright red

nomorepanic
31-08-09, 22:50
I thought I was bleeding to death when I first got it Peter - blimey there was loads!

peter34uk
31-08-09, 23:08
ah kk. That really eases my mind. Thank you Nicola :)

nomorepanic
31-08-09, 23:12
Peter - all I can say is that it was literally running out of me but I knew about piles so knew it was probably that thank goodness.

David_mk09
02-09-09, 19:17
Its funny, ive had my first panic attack in weeks due to this subject. I didnt realise I could possibly have piles at 22 but they can happen at any age.
I bleed every now and again but it was more recent in the last few weeks with muscus also. It does surprise you how much blood can come out but ive got to realise its not bowel/rectum/colon cancer. Im sure id be in a lot more pain otherwise. Googling at work prob wasnt the best idea either

JulesD
03-09-09, 08:24
I have had this exact same thing this week, I always get blood on and off and I have a history of piles and tears. the blood is quite alarming, but have always been told its piles. I suffer with IBS, which means i strain with constipation or have diarrhea and it always sets off the bleeding.