PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat Sounds ,Palps? Skipped Beats? What?

looking4answers
01-09-09, 02:13
I got up and went to the bathroom early this morning and I noticed my heart beating a little faster. This happens almost everyday. But I got back in bed and put my head on my pillow and could hear my heart muffled beating fast.

Every once in awhile I heard a THUD and then muffled beating and then a THUD and then muffled beating .

I got up and took a beta blocker that I normally take in the mornings and after a few minutes the pulse seemed a little more distinct and it stopped skipping.

At night when going to sleep I feel my pulse thud and then beat and then thud and then beat and then thud and then beat. It will be normallly and then it will do this as a series over and over until I go to sleep.

I ask a cardiologist about this online and he said that skipped beats are not threat to life or health and that they wouldn't hurt me but it scares the heck out of me.

What about the thuds this morning? I normally have stomach gas in the morning and wonder if this contributes to my skipped beats and fast beating?

pinktart2009
01-09-09, 08:32
hi, i have the same feelings in my heart, my doctor has ran a series of tests to determine the problem, turns out they are called ectopic beats, very worrying when you get a run of them which seems to release more adrenaline, then i get a thud and feel like somebody has squeezed my heart, very scary. was taking propranolol, but now on cardicor,.