PDA

View Full Version : tension headaches

anx mum
01-09-09, 12:32
Just got bk from my docs he thinks im suffering from tension headaches has anyone had these?

noangeluk
01-09-09, 12:44
all the time, I can't tell you the ammount of times I have had a tension headache. It really is nothing to worry about. They go on their own but its due to anxiety and the distress from it. Think of it as an outlet to relieve that stress, it does it trhough symptoms. Now if only i can tell myself that but mines different lol

trolleydolly
01-09-09, 12:56
loads of times over the years
mine feel like someone is pressing down on the top of my head and they make my head and shoulders ache
you just have to relax and they should go away

nanny
01-09-09, 13:00
Hi
Like the others i also suffer from these headaches and they are a real pain. Mine can last from a day to a week or more. I get terrific pain down the side of my head and also over the top.

They are nothing to worry about but can get you down if go on long enough.

anx mum
01-09-09, 13:13
thank u yeah had them 2 weeks now and is getting me down does it feel like a throbbing pain?

shirtie86
01-09-09, 14:50
im new to tension headaches usualy get alot of tension in my chest, I went to the doctors today aswell and he checked everything out and said its a tension headache ive had mine for at least 4 days now. my head was throbbing last night at the moment it feels like someone is pushing down on my head really winding me up :(

eternally optimistic
01-09-09, 15:45
Hi

I get loads of these, although have tailed off a bit.

I find a good walk outside or on my treadmill helps, even if I feel really ...., it takes away the tension.

Its just a case of you finding a way to release it.

I DO sympathise, because these type of headaches can be soooo numbing.

SharonDerby
01-09-09, 18:33
Hi Anx
i get very bad tension headaches, my partner gives my shoulders a good hard rub and it always releases the tension i can feel it lifting from the mn he does it, so if you have someone with you aske them to give your shoulders a good massage, it's painful to touch at first cos its so tight but once it starts releasing the tension it feels really good, only other thing i have tried is Syndol, designed for tension headaches, very good but 2 almost knocked me out for the day so i only ever took one after that.
Hope this helps.
Sharon :)

hayley3
01-09-09, 19:31
hey i get them, i also get my veins in my head that pulse and hurt which scares me all the time

looking4answers
02-09-09, 02:02
I had a terrible one last night that lasted through this morning. Thank God it went away.. It scared me a little but my wife kept reminding me it was just a tenshion headache and she was right. Take care and try to relax