PDA

View Full Version : Bad (and perhaps silly) Expectations

ikimasu
01-09-09, 20:44
Last night I had dozed off to sleep, but after maybe an hour, I woke up feeling a bit panicky. I think a lot of it was nerves from worrying about a brain tumor all day and already fearing not being able to sleep well when I went to bed, plus I had to eat kind of late, but anyway I just had a general jittery feeling. It was probably made worse by the fact that I was also tired at this point. But because of some of the feelings (especially seeming like I could almost feel it in my head), I started getting this intense fear, or really expectation, of having a seizure. Like, it seemed in my mind that I would have a seizure any second. I probably feared this more because of its relation to brain tumors than the seizure itself.

I didn't really get into a full blown panic attack, and after talking to my wife some was eventually able to get back to sleep. Obviously, I didn't have a seizure, and I have never had a seizure in my life thankfully. But sometimes I do just get that feeling like "I know it's going to happen any second now." Sometimes it's the seizure thing, other times it's the feeling that I'm going to pass out (though I think I figured the latter issue out). Does anyone else get this feeling during panic attacks - where you just "know" something bad is just around the corner?

IllegallyBlond
01-09-09, 20:55
Hi Ikimasu. I do the same thing. I have a baby that wakes during the night still, and I sometimes think that when she wakes up I'm not going to be able to get up to get her, because if I do I'm going to pass out or an aneurysm is going to pop. I feel as my head is heaving, and just the thought of it makes me panicky. I do on the other hand survive every night when my daughter wakes. I probably don't have an aneurysm that's just my fear... That and the brain tumor. Nice to know someone else out there does the same thing.

:hugs:
Amanda

ikimasu
01-09-09, 23:04
Thanks Amanda, I agree - it is nice to know I'm not alone in this feeling. It's so frustrating because even though logically I know there's likely nothing bad about to happen, it just seems so real - like any second it could happen. It's extremely frustrating, and hard to think straight when that's in your mind, because you interpret every little feeling as further proof it could happen any second. The vicious cycle :-/ But yeah, thanks again - just hearing from others really helps me remain more calm.