PDA

View Full Version : Changing from cipralex to citalopram???

chantelle
01-09-09, 21:28
I have been suffering with GAD & depression for 7+ months. I have been on cipralex from 14/03/09 (5, then 10 (after 2 weeks) then 20mg (from 20/04/09). I did make progress but it seems to have reached a plateau since the start of July and I feel like I am still living 'in a bubble'. It's a half-life: really only existing not living!!!

I have an appointment with my GP next Monday and I am thinking of changing over to citalopram as I was on it last year when I had my first ever bout of depression and it worked much more quickly and effectively. However I saw a locum this time and she gave me cipralex.

I don't know if it didn't work as both my GP & I felt so negative about it compared to citalopram or if I haven't gave it long enough to work?????? I am so confused I don't know what to do and am trying to gather up any advice that will help me to make a decision - I just want my life back!!!!!

Thanks in advance for reading this and your advice

chantelle
02-09-09, 11:56
Please someone write to me. Looking advice????? Did well so far today - do you think progress was suspended over the summer hols as there was no routine????

chantelle
03-09-09, 10:11
On Wednesday I've actually had a great day - first completely 'normal' day in months!!!!! I am seeing my GP next Tues as I am working on Monday. My old boss phoned this afternoon and offered me 3 days lecturing so I'm over the moon. I have also stayed the same weight in weight**tchers for the fourth weeks in a row (Hit my target in March after loosing 6 stone but kept loosing for a while due to anxiety so I was really worried) and my son has started a course at the FE College (at another campus from the one I'll be teaching in but with my colleagues) and there is a possibility he will get his GCSE English upgraded to a 'C' as he only failed it by 1 mark!!!!!

I am going to see if this good feeling lasts and if so will just stick with cipralex - it's so great to feel like I am living again - hope it lasts........but I've nothing left to be anxious about so am quite hopeful!!!!!

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Phill2
03-09-09, 11:27
Hi Chantelle
I was on Cipralex 20 for about 3 years and found it great.
I only went off it a month ago cause I felt ready and it appears I am.
It's sposed to have less side effects than the others and it certainly gave me my life back.
Hope the good feelings stay
Phill :shades: