PDA

View Full Version : everyone post your top tip for stopping anxiety/panic

bumble18
01-09-09, 22:33
right now im in the mood where im just thinking
IT HAS TO GO
i dont want to live like this i need to get out
so i thought it'd be a good idea if everyone posts the one thing that helps them most
be it breathing techniques (try and explain what you do)
medication or herbal remedies
affirmations and thoughts
etc
i know it will definatly help me to hear what helps others!

bumble18
01-09-09, 22:34
Okay so i'll start!
my top tip is aromatherapy
i carry a small bottle of oil everywhere i go, mine is mixed of bergamot, ylang ylang and rose
its calming, helps sooth my worries

oh and i swear by rescue remedy

nomorepanic
01-09-09, 22:46
Have you read the first steps and coping pages on the left - loads of ideas in there

bumble18
01-09-09, 22:49
yeah i have :) i just wanted to know which ones work best for the majority of people x

pd
01-09-09, 22:56
I drink cammomile tea by the bucktload practically, Dr Stuarts tranquility tea and Dr stuarts valerian tea is good for help sleeping (although it tastes foul), I get through loads of lavender oil, I put a dab on the sleeve of my clothes when I go out, a few drops in bathwater etc, valerian tablets are good and don't taste disgusting as all you have to do is swallow them :)

It has become a bit of an obsession with me though, like I can't fully relax unless I have all of those things available, even if I don't immediately need them.

Stressed32
02-09-09, 00:43
I think that exercise and keeping your mind occupied is key. Boredom = being stresses about the latest virus or disease for me.

CONS
02-09-09, 21:15
Top tip is the only tip:

Accept it as part of you and KNOW that it will change

nickieb
02-09-09, 22:42
Keep yourself busy & get yourself stuck into something that requires your total attention! Continue life as normal- by working & socializing etc & arrange lots xx