PDA

View Full Version : Mercury-Amalgam Fillings

ANXIETY26
15-10-05, 13:57
Has anyone ever heard of anxiety depression being caused by amalgam dental fillings? It's just that someone has mentioned to me that it could by the cause of my anxiety depression. I dont want to waste my money on having them removed so I just wanted other peoples opinions on this subject.

Thanks

denise84
15-10-05, 14:03
i have never heard of this before and i personally think it is all nonsense as anxiety and depression are mental illnesses not phiysical. maybe u should look further into this,look it up on the net or something.

dmcgovern

suzuki
15-10-05, 14:09
Personally i think there is a connection with amalgam fillings as i have a whole mouthful. They say we have mercury leaking into our bodies all the time which obviously is doing us no good at all. Suzuki

Sue K with 5
15-10-05, 14:12
Hi ya

Do you know thats not the first time that has been mentioned to me, I think I might do some research and if I find anything out I will post back

Thanks for drawing attention to it, I too have a mouthful as well

****** Sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!

scknight

ANXIETY26
15-10-05, 20:36
Hi Susan,

Someone mentioned this to me before regarding the mercury fillings but I just thought it was a load of rubbish. The only thing that made me re-think was when I visited the dentist the other day for another amalgam filling. The next few days I started feeling week and horrible and was having increased anxiety/panic attacks. I also noticed that I was having a white coloured tongue every morning and a tin taste in my mouth. I have done some research on this myself and have come across a load of information on the internet. Apparently the mercury amalgams can also cause candida which I have suffered from. candida is also known to cause anxiety/depression etc. Im definately going to look into it further.

Meg
18-10-05, 19:39
It may be worth getting a test to define whether you are sensitive to mercury before you take drastic action.

There is plenty of anecdotal 'evidence' around but it also keeps being disproved.

The jury is still out on it but maybe worth asking your doctor/ kinesielogist for the test

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Trev
18-10-05, 20:13
I did hear of this a while back. I went to my dentist to discuss the matter and to see what he thought about replacing them.

He said that the jury is very much out on it. He said that he still uses them on himself and is not worried. He seemed to believe there is no evidence to support it.
He said he would prefer to leave mine but would do them if I wanted. He did say that replacing them means taking away slightly more tooth and may cause problems.
Plus he could have made alot on money out of me!

I've since made a pretty good recovery but it's worth keeping an eye on it. I may have future fillings done in non amalgam.

Cheers,
Trev

eeyorelover
18-10-05, 21:11
well I did do some searching on the web about this and I don't know any more now than before I searched (go figure).
What I have found out is that some say that mercury can seep(sp) into your bloodstream and "infect" you and you can have all kinds of symptoms -you can even have the same symptoms as Multiple Sclerosis. These people believe that it is toxic and should be removed.
Then others say it's all a scam and that there have been tests done where they test to see how much mercury is really in the mercury filling and that the levels are almost non existant so.... if the healthcare profession can't even agree then how are everyday people to know what to think about it?!
From what I understand though - dentists in general think it unethical to remove the fillings cuz they don't see any problem with them so even if you wanted them removed - you would have a heck of a time finding someone to remove them.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)