PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

hunny
15-10-05, 14:03
Hi all
I got up late this morning.I felt a little warm,my heart was beating quite fast and i lay there feeling so dizzy before i got up.Im still very dizzy now,literally staggering about,i have intense central chest and upper back pain and feel"not with it".Ive been up for around 3.5 hrs now.
Im terrified im gonna have a heart attack.Are these heart problem symptoms?My pulse is about 80 at the moment and my hands feel like they dont belong to me.I also had a few palitations
Help?![V]

Hunny x

chucklehound
15-10-05, 15:37
Hi Hunny,
I am sure that this is just anxiety because I used to get the same in the evenings. If you are still worried after a couple of days you could always go to the DRs to put your mind at rest...

I hope that you start to pick up soon.
Take Care
Chucklehound
xxxx

Meg
15-10-05, 17:24
Hello Hunny

I hope you're feeling a bit better now and managed to distract yourself from how you felt earlier.

The symptoms you describe are all common anxiety ones and if you've been checked over recently by a doctor then it is unlikely to be anything else.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

hunny
15-10-05, 17:32
Hiya

The Dr listened to my chest yesterday and said my heart and lungs sounded fine(he was a young registrar).He didnt take my blood pressure or anything.
I feel worse today,first dizziness(which will not go)and feeling spaced out,then the chest pain which has stayed all day.
I have read about young people who have that intense dizziness and"just not feeling right" that have gone on to have a heart attack.
I know i am not helping myself by focusing on it,but its too obvious for me to ignore.I am terrified im going to die

Hunny[V]

tygwyn
15-10-05, 18:32
Hi Hunny

You should really try not to worry about this honestly. All of the symptoms are typical anxiety state symptoms. I have had all of them and am now on the road to recovery. Try to relax (easy said) and do some slow deep breathing. Have you tried using relaxation CD's at all? I find they really help me. I also find picking up my Claire Weekes book and reading through a few chapters of that helps me to calm down.

Hope this helps

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

hunny
16-10-05, 12:55
Hi Rach
Thanks for the reply.
I just find it hard to believe that these things can be caused by anxiety.I think this is the worst ive ever been and i feel ill all the time.
Im sorry to moan.I really do appreciate your advice
Hunny x

carlin
16-10-05, 15:49
Hi Hunny,
Sorry you feel bad, when i read your post, it was as if you were describing how i wake most mornings! I even posted on it a short while back. I feel hot and dizzy, sometimes before i even open my eyes. Then i get scared to stand up, just in case i fall over (i never have) then i'm scared to move about, just in case, the list goes on. The only thing i can say is, i read so many posts on here, where people have felt the same and figured that we weren't all heading for a heart attack, My dad had several attacks years ago and i can assure he had none of the symptoms we describe. I'm sorry i am not being very helpful (again) but just to re-assure you it will settle down, it takes time and i find some days i get so fed up with the dizziness, i just say for goodness sake either let me collapse or go away, and guess what? i'm still here...i think, maybe as we become less frightened it eases up a little, sorry to have gone on take care and keep in touch. xxxjean