PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

sophieunderscore
15-10-05, 15:51
Last night I had an electric shock type pain in my chest, and since then i've had a dull ache :( I've had this before and the doctor said its just muscle spasms, he's checked my heart rate and blood pressure and both are fine and my lungs are clear.

I just need a bit of reassurence about whether anyone else has had this... and whether or not my doctor could have missed anything :(

chucklehound
15-10-05, 15:55
Hi Sophie,

I get these but not as much as I used to.
The DR said that they were muscle spasms and he was right. I believe that in your case the DR is right too.
Do you do any breathing exercises and relaxation-maybe this could help!

I hope that you are feeling better soon hun
Bye for now
Chucklehound
xxx

sophieunderscore
15-10-05, 15:58
I guess i'm just worrying because its lasted so long... and worrying makes it worse :(

I've tried a relaxation technique my counseller taught me but its not very helpful, i tend not to be able to relax completely using it :(

hunny
15-10-05, 16:14
Hi Sophie

Ive also had these types of pains.Im sure they are muscular,doesnt sound like anything sinister at all.
Ive had chest oains too.They are wirse today,they feel different and im so dizzy.I went to see Dr yesterday and he said i should be reassured by clear test results i had in June.But that was 4 months ago!!
Anyway,sorry for going on,you really dont have anything to worry about.
Hope you feel better soon

Hunny xx

tygwyn
15-10-05, 18:23
Sophie muscular pain is exactly what this is ok so try not to worry. It is caused by tension and like you said worrying about it only makes matters worse. I went to the doctors about this a long while ago and as soon as I mentioned it he said 'posture - you have a bad posture'!! Charming! But I know that he was right. Sitting scrunched up with anxiety and tension added on top is a recipe for chest pains - guaranteed! Do some stretches and try to sit up straight with shoulders back and you should find that it will ease over time. Even the fact that you no longer have to worry about it will ease some of the pains.

Hope this helps

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

meatybuddy
15-10-05, 20:03
hi sophie

that sounds exactly like the symptoms i get and i ge them pretty regular but you doctor is right its all down to muscle spasms.

you really dont have anything to worry about as like i say i get them also

hope you feel better soon

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part