PDA

View Full Version : Hello my name is Jamie...

punkypie
15-10-05, 22:12
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamie and I have struggled with anxiety problems for as long as I can remember... but they started getting worse in Junior High School. Now, as a 23 year old divorced woman... I'm trying to cope with the symptoms and live a normal life. I struggle with things like being in public, being alone, going to parties, working, using the telephone, meeting strangers, and many other things. Tonight I am supposed to be going to a halloween party for work... and I just got done freaking out and crying because I am just too scared to go. I would love to meet someone I can relate to. I was on Effexor for awhile, and it helped quite a bit, only it ruined my sex drive so I went off of it. I'm not sure I want to go back on any drugs though, because my dad shot himself 3 weeks ago after taking Zoloft... and I know it's not always fair to blame drugs like that... but when he started taking that drug he just changed... so anyways they scare me a lot now and I guess I'm still coping with his death. Anyways!!!! Nice to meet you all!

trac67
15-10-05, 23:14
Hi Jamie,
welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some good friends.
take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

sal
15-10-05, 23:57
Firstly welcome to the site. You have being through a lot with your own feelings but have suffered a great loss. We are all here to help you and you dont have to go this alone at all.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

meatybuddy
16-10-05, 07:53
hi jamie

welcome to the site and the forums there are a lot of people on here more than willing to give advice and help and yo will make some good friends

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

seh1980
16-10-05, 08:48
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

DeniseB
16-10-05, 10:18
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the site:D. Just registering is a really good step for you. Read some of the alternatives to drugs, if your not confident in using them there are so many other things you may find helpful.

Take care

DeniseB

tammyg
16-10-05, 10:30
Hi Jamie and welcome to the site.

Your fears are understandable but there are many other things you could try along with or instead of the drugs. Have a look at the home pages for some more information.

Tammy x

pinkscrumpy
16-10-05, 11:12
Hi Jamie

A warm welcome to you

[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tracyp584
16-10-05, 11:31
Hey Jamie,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Meg
16-10-05, 13:19
Jamie ,
So sorry to hear of the tragic death of your father so recently.

Instead of meds , could you ask your doctor to refer you for some CBT, which will tackle the causes for your anxiety.

Meds can be great in giving you a break, but they don't actually solve the problem.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
16-10-05, 14:03
Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear about the death of your father.

Hope we can be of some help and support to you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
16-10-05, 18:03
Hi Jamie and welcome

I too believe that therapy is more effective than drugs, and hope that you will sign up to this route.

I think many of us here share your fears of going out, especially getting ready to go out. The anticipation of an event usually causes more fear than the event itself.

There is a wealth of support and advice on here, as well as comfort and friendship from those who suffer like you.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers