PDA

View Full Version : Heart Monitor

hunny
16-10-05, 12:27
Hi all

I had a 24hr heart monitor about 4 months ago.
I keep worrying because i didnt really have any symptoms when i had it on and im worried that there is a problem that has been missed.
I presssed the button a few times when i had it on but i think i might have just felt a vague fluttering instead of any real symptoms.
If there was a problem with the "electrics" would it have been picked up even if i didnt have any symptoms?

Hunny x

Quirky
16-10-05, 12:33
Hi Hunny,
I am wearing a 7 day heart monitor right now. I have to press it if I get symptoms but since I've had the monitor I've not had many symptoms, typical isn't it. I have pressed it twice since Wednesday but even then the symptoms aren't as bad as usual. Thankfully when I had my worst attack of symptoms (fast heart and strong palps) my gp did a ECG while it was happening.
Did your one record your heart all the time or only if you pressed the button?
Normal ECG's pick up alot of problems anyway, if there was an abvious problem it would be picked up even without symptoms I think.
You could always ask your gp this question next time you visit.
Take care, Lisa

hunny
16-10-05, 12:59
Hiya
I presumed it was recording all the time,but i did here it click when i pressed the button as if it was just starting to record.
My GP said ive to stop worrying,but i cant!
Hunny x

Quirky
16-10-05, 13:03
The one I have is recording al the time but it only saves the data when I click the button, there fore it gets data before, during and after any event. A standard 24hr ECG is different and monitors all the time I think, Meg may come and correct me here. I have a week long one as sometimes symptoms don't show up in any one 24 hr period, or week long period at this rate.
Try and believe your gp, if he/she is happy everything is ok, I know how hard it is when you still have symptoms though.
Take care,
Lisa

hunny
16-10-05, 13:10
Hi

I had an echo as well,and they seemed happy with that.So now im worrying that i have a problem with the circuitry!!
I have been feeling very dizzy the last two days and have palpitations which i havnt had for a long time.
This is torture!!My Dr wont do any more tests because i had the last ones 4 months ago.
Hope you get on ok with your monitor

Hunny x

Meg
16-10-05, 13:55
*If there was a problem with the "electrics" would it have been picked up even if i didnt have any symptoms?*

Yes it would have picked it up.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

traceypanic
18-10-05, 22:03
i had the 24 hour and the ecg and a scan of my heart and all was fine but i still get the palpertations i even went on a treadmill and had a ecg at the same time.... the doc was well inpressed coz no one had manged to stay that long on it:) so im putting my faith in my doc when he said all was fine!!

tracey