PDA

View Full Version : Is my brain slowing down?!!

fallenidol1
02-09-09, 15:56
I've been affected by anxiety since I was about 15 years old and on Seroxat since I was 17. I finally managed to come off of Seroxat in January this year, choosing to go cold turkey as nothing else had worked up until then.

7/8 months down the line and I have had some really disturbing symptoms that quite frankly scare the hell out of me.

About a month ago I suddenly felt very strange and light headed and my hearing sounded as is I was in another room along with confusion and a horrible fuzzy feeling in my head. I also randomly started to feel completely exhausted for no apparent reason to the point that I would have to go and lie down. Since then, the hearing is back to normal but I still feel very thick-headed, I find it difficult to concentrate, read, remember things and find certain words during conversations. My eyelids always feel so heavy and my entire process of thought seems to have slowed down quite noticeably. I'm usually quite articulate so this really does concern me.
I have also found that reading sets me off and makes me feel very tired, especially when I'm reading on a PC screen, the words seem to swim around on the page or screen and I start to feel really tense.
I have been back to my doctor and he says that he can see nothing physical that would suggest anything going on and thinks it is stress related. As a precaution he is sending me for a CT scan and Sleep Apneoa studies and he has now prescribed me a very small (10mg) dose of Citalopram but I'm now starting to get paranoid that there really is something physically wrong with me. I never used to be so concerned over my health, it never used to be a cause of anxiety but now I'm beginning to get obsessed with it!

Is this a common feeling related to anxiety? Does anyone else feel like this? Can anything be done to stop myself feeling this way? I have a new job starting in less than two weeks time and I'm so worried that these symptoms will mess it all up for me.

Dan. :wacko:

looking4answers
03-09-09, 05:25
I don't know for sure about you but i described the same symptoms to my doctor today and she said anxiety and stress causes them. She said try to relax and not stress and take your meds.