PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!!

gooner79
02-09-09, 23:17
Hello everyone,

I've been affected by anxiety (GAD/SAD) for at least the last 10yrs.. gotta say things have improved alot since the dark days & I'm sure there are lots of ppl worse off then me.

However, its still has the ability to knock you back big time & frustrate the hell out of you!! I was really looking forward to catching up with a girl I met on my extended travels, yet found the usual suspects (palpitations/tightness of the chest) makin me feel really rough, unable to eat anything (nausea), and relying on drink to relax me & get me thru the day...next day I was really down & p****d off as even tho I'm makin a real effort I cant get rid of this damn thing & wondering if I ever will. (tut, tut positive thinking!!)

I've decided to join this forum not to wallow in pity but to finally cure myself of this thing that has blighted my life for too long, i feel i've wasted too much time already!!

I'd really wanna hear from people under 30 with similar GAD/social anxiety probs, those cured & those still trying, I feel like I'm an expert in my condition but would benefit hearing from others.

Will shut up now... chin up every1, i'm trying!! :)

Dan

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

nomorepanic
02-09-09, 23:18
:welcome:

You set the swear filter off with first post though. oops

gooner79
02-09-09, 23:28
sorry, i'll wash my mouth out haha