PDA

View Full Version : Perindopril

nomorepanic
11-07-03, 13:38
Does anyone have any knowledge of these drugs - used to treat High Blood Pressure. I know a few of you take medication for this problem so I wondered if anyone was taking them?

I am due to start them tomorrow but the last two lots of tablets I was given gave me bad side-effects. :(

Cheers

Nicola

Shelley
11-07-03, 13:57
if you can hang on till tomorrow afternoon, I can ask my brother - he's a nurse - see what he says

Shell

nomorepanic
11-07-03, 16:11
Thanks Shell

I find that I am very sensitive to any medication and get all the undesirable side-effects including the rare ones. I started suffering bad panic again recently cos of the other tablets I was on - Amlodipine (they effected my breathing) so I am wary of anything new.

Let's hope these ones will be ok for me !

Shelley
14-07-03, 08:49
without know what other durgs were on my brother was unable to say which side effects would be prominent in you, he did say that plenty of fluids can eleviate some of the problems associcatedwith blood pressure tablets - sorry I couldnt be more helpful - I hope that these work.

Shell

nomorepanic
14-07-03, 15:43
I am on nothing else Shell - free from all drugs except these :-)

I seem to have the cough (which is quite common) but we shall see what else comes on as well!!

Thanks for asking for me

Nic

alexiussooty
19-07-03, 03:05
<div align="left">Hi folks:

Perindopril belongs to a class of drugs known as ACE (Angiotension Converting Emzyne) inhibitors, the main brand name is Coversyl or Coversyl Plus. This drug is related to Ramipril (Triace) a drug that I take which is also an ACE inhibitor. Perindopril works by blocking a chemical in your blood that causes your blood vessels to contract thus helping to cause Hypertension. Ace inhibitors are known to cause dizziness, headaches, and a dry tickling cough. Other known side effects are vomiting, loss of appetite and also mouth ulcers. Perindopril is taken in relatively small doses and 4 mg is a fairly normal dose. Perindopril and Ramipril are sometimes used in conjunction with other blood pressure drugs such a beta-blockers or even other ACE inhibitors if your blood pressure is very high. Much research has been done on this drug in relation to stroke prevention. It should also be noted that Perindopril is a "long acting" ACE inhibitor.

Out of interest there is also another class of drugs that act in the same way, these are called ARA's (Angiotension-11 Receptor antagonists). The most popular ARA is Losartan Potassium, the main brand name for this drug is Cozaar. These are taken in higher doses than ACE inhibitors and a fairly standard dose for this drug is 50mg daily, the side effects caused by this class of drugs are dizziness, flu like symptoms, anaemia, headaches and sometimes an itchy rash.

Hope that the above is of some use.

Regards:

Nick [8)]</div id="left">

sarahxxx
01-05-17, 23:48
i have just started Perindopril/Coversyl after bad side affect with lercandipine x