PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so bloomin silly

Tracy68
17-10-05, 09:53
Hi
Hope you all had a good weekend. I've spent most of mine worrying over my 8 year old daughter [Sigh...].
I have to take her to see a consultant today about her brace.......see even as i type it this sounds stupid. Basically she has had a brace to help push her top teeth forward, well it hasn't worked properly and as a result has made her bottom ADULT teeth loose (too much to go in to).
I took her back to dentist last Tuesday and she wasn't happy and said i needed to get her seen. Well normally you have to wait about 10 - 12 weeks for an appointment with a consultant but her dentist got her an appointment there and then. Now i'm constantly worried about what they'll find when i take her and there's got to be something wrong for her to get in straight away.......hasn't there??
I've felt sick all weekend, had the ectopics and left arm pain and now today i seem to be inwardly shaking.....its horrible.
My daughter seems to be ok about it lol she's doing better than me.
I know i've gone on but I can't help but worry, fingers crossed hey that it'll all be ok.

Tracy
xx

desperate
17-10-05, 10:14
Hi Tracy,

Maybe you could take an example from your daughter?

Just remember teeth are mainly about looking good, nothing is wrong health wise with her.

You just sound like a worrying mum!

Is there anyone you can talk to, even the dentist might help stop your fears a bit?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

pips
17-10-05, 12:55
Thinking of you Tracy,

Hope she will be ok. Try not to worry to much. (easier said then done I know!) I'm sure she will be fine.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
17-10-05, 13:24
Hi Tracy

You worries are not silly at all and I think any parent would be concerned about their child.

Hope all goes well for you both today.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Tracy68
18-10-05, 09:27
Thanks for the replies.
Well we went and it didn't turn out quite as bad as i had expected. Basically she's had her brace built up to keep her jaws open. Poor thing she can't talk properly at the moment (mind you its nice to have a bit of peace and quiet lol). And she's got to go back in six weeks.
Today I feel like i've been run over by a roller, aches and pains all over the place but i guess thats down to me being so tense yesterday and my muscles are probably protesting a bit.
Thanks again
Tracy
xx

Karen
18-10-05, 11:26
Glad it went well Tracy.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kairen
18-10-05, 12:13
good to hear things were not as bad as you thought,

only natural that you were worried though,

I'd be the same, have a nice soak in bath tonight to de stress yourself

take care

kairen x

Meg
18-10-05, 15:58
Glad it all went well.

Now give yourself some time in which to unwind.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?