PDA

View Full Version : Effexor my experience - on it now 6 months - it works for me

tommy1982
03-09-09, 03:42
Well its been about six months that I have been on effexor and I am delighted I went on to this medication.

I suffered so much avoiding anti depression meds for over 5 years and some periods for months on end the anxiety was making me misrable and unable to cope.

I went from being anxious with terrible health anixety where almost every day I suffered to my anxiety gone for weeks on end.

I ended up on one 37.5 tab in the morning and 2 x 37.5 in the evening.

the med worked much or less right away but not to its full effects.

I know coming off this med is hard but I dont care if I stay on it forever.

I do realise I might need to tweak again in the future.

Tom!

smoochie
12-12-09, 01:19
thank u for sharing a positive experience tom! as i sit here reading all these posts after taking my first venfax i am shaking with nerves at all the negitive posts!

Kirsty x

mabel
27-12-09, 21:23
Its worked for me!

Got me out of a massive, very deep, deep hole and feel human again! Think its great!

I was SO low and anxious etc but it really helped me! Had to give it time though. 3 weeks minimum! It's not a quick fix but it worked for me! But no problems since then! It's really helped me! Feel normal again! Hurrah!

Mabel xxx

jo61
28-12-09, 12:51
Delighted to hear you've found something that works for you. I was on it for a couple of years and it didn't for me. Don't worry about coming off it - if you do have to it can be done. I went onto prozac and came straight off it. Then the Prozac was really easy to come off. Enjoy the time while you're feeling well.
:hugs:

Ammycin
19-03-10, 07:36
I have completed over 5 months and recommended dosage Generic for Effexor XR (http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/effexor-xr.html) with a full glass of water along with food. Generic for Effexor XR prescribed to each patient will vary.