PDA

View Full Version : They Don't Let You Walk Out Of The Office If Your BP Is TOO HIGH DO THEY?

looking4answers
03-09-09, 04:17
I was at the doctors today and they were concerned about my blood pressure even though it was apparent it was mostly anxiety. They took it only once and it walrights high and never took it again.

They wouldn't let you walk out of the office if your Blood Pressure was dangerously high would they?

They did change the strength of my beta blocker but other than that my doctor said everything I described as symptoms to her was anxiety,
but she did ask if I experienced any dizziness or lightheadness. I told her on occassion the light played tricks on my eyes and im not sure I was getting dizz or lightheaded and she said not to worry. I WOULD KNOW., So hopefully i be alright

kazzie
03-09-09, 19:41
Short answer but here in the UK NO!!!!!

Kaz x:hugs:

mabelina
03-09-09, 22:39
My friend has always had trouble with her blood pressure and a few months ago when having it checked, it was sky high. The doctor told her she had to stay off work immediately and go home and do absolutely nothing. She even had to have her urine tested as the doctor thought maybe she had a liver tumour what with her bp being so high. She was given bp tablets and sent home. Her test was fine too.

Alisonj
20-10-09, 05:53
I had two doctors let me leave the office with very high bp, I ended up at the ER both times a few hours later and was admitted. Be firm!! If you are not comfortable speak up and tell them you want to know if it is an issue

looking4answers
26-11-09, 05:40
I just read where some people went to the doctor and ER and found out they had a spike and im talking high spike 200 something over 100 something and they were sent home with some pills .. weird but true.. Michael

Milo
26-11-09, 08:42
From someone who has Hypertension I would agree with the other posts and say dont just walk away until you have understood the result and the reason.
My BP is always skyhigh if I dont take my BP meds every day. My family has a poor track record with CardioVascular health and it is something I have inherited. My hypertension along with raised cholesterol is an ever present danger - but, I choose to ignore it, treat it with Meds and live a normal life. I smoke and drink too which is another risk factor. My Anxiety and PA's can push my BP to well over 200/160.
There are many natural substances that help lower BP. Things such as Tomatoes which contain Lycopene have shown to lower and control BP.
In fact I have able to lower my BP to natural levels through diet and exercise alone.

looking4answers
26-11-09, 23:43
Thanks so much Milo , you have given me a new outlook..They say that most illness in the human body can be cured by the mind..My wife could be an example .When told she was terminal she went on with her life and stayed busy .she went back they couldn't find anything. mind over the body ? don't know but thanks for the encouragement. I might be emailing you soon for support.. ::)

Milo
27-11-09, 05:20
It's a pleasure Michael.
Also, try and get a book called "Take the pressure off your Heart" by Robert E Kowalski, - that is if you haven't already? It is a wonderful source of information about BP and how to manage it naturally, and its written by someone who has suffered with severe hypertension. It helped me immensely.
Feel free to email me anytime.
Take care of yourself.

looking4answers
27-11-09, 06:23
Will do Milo and thanks again.. :hugs: