PDA

View Full Version : Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

maeanna
03-09-09, 11:02
Heya
I just wanted to say there is a little light at the end of the tunnel for Emetophobics! I have been taking Inositol and Vitamin B6 for nearly a week now and omg the changes in my life have been amazing! A week ago i was bordering severley agorophobic and too scared to leave my house for anxiety would set in incase i was sick! However for the past 5 days I have taken 1950mg of Inositol and one Vitamin B6 every morning and for the first time in years no longer wake up thinking about being sick!
Obviously its not a miracle cure because i believe positive thinking has helped too but the fact I was able to get on a bus today (only 3 stops! but WITHOUT my MP3!!!! its unbelievable. I feel so much better and more energetic.:yesyes:
Anyway if you havent tried it for anxiety try it coz i believe it really does work!
Theres lots of threads on it under natural remedies so give them a read coz if i hadnt read about it on here and then researched it online i would never have tried it! (but i have read it can have effects if you are taking meds for bi polar or scizophrenia and other anti psycotic meds so I would defo research it and speak to ur gp first!)
Okay well i just wanted to share that! Thanks for reading! :D

suzy-sue
03-09-09, 12:20
Maeanna thats really good to hear . I have been thinking of taking them as I need some extra help at the moment with morning anxiety when I wake up .I also believe they help you sleep better ?.Could you tell me if they make you feel tired in the daytime at all ?.as I cant handle that . Thankyou luv Sue x

valleybear
03-09-09, 12:44
Hi Meaanna...
Just wanted to say how pleased I am for you that you have found some relief. It is great to hear about one of us getting a lift and a chance to see how our life could improve. All the best hun, and hope you continue to improve..Well done, Well done!!:yesyes:

sweetypie
03-09-09, 17:11
thats soooo great hunni
im guna try that but at the min im taking olanzapine for the voices and the bad depression
and taking prozac and diazepam as well
so i wouldnt want to be mixing all my pills but ill speak to my doc nxt week and see what he thinks
i wish i could go a day without thinking about it
but im so pleased u acctually went on a bus thats a big step hunni so proud of u x

Anxious_gal
03-09-09, 17:15
wow that is amazing!
I was gonna try it but didn't have the name with me so instead I got Rhodiola tablets.
I must search the forums about the the tablets your taking!
I'm so happy for you, I hope it will work for other's too!!
from what you say it sounds like they have really had an amazing affect on you!
:-)

freudian nightmare
03-09-09, 21:16
Hello maeanna,
I am really glad that you are feeling better and managing to take positive steps since taking inositol. I too am taking inositol and i feel some benefit since starting it a couple of weeks ago. I also would not have heard of it if it had not been for certain threads i have read on this site which is strange for me has i have tried most natural remedies for anx/dep and i am always in h&b lol! Best wishes and i hope we see even more positive results soon. x

SharonDerby
04-09-09, 17:37
I just recently started bac on Vit b6, went to sainsburys and bought champneys Busy lifestyle BVits they were £3, oddly enough since starting them a week ago i haven't had Emit as bad, so after reading this thread i went and looked at box and the ingrediants list Inositol, wonder if thats whats helping me out? , i have read tho that Inositol is better taken with all the B vits so if you do get some i can recomend the Champneys ones as they include all B vits :)
Sharon x

NoPoet
04-09-09, 17:44
I've been championing the cause of inositol for a few months and it is very good to see that other people have also discovered it.

As people have said it's not a miracle cure, in fact it isn't a "cure" at all - what it does is reduce anxiety, nervousness, OCD and depression to the point where you have fewer panic attacks, you have more control over your emotions and you are less likely to be affected by negative thoughts and feelings. In short it does what medication is supposed to do except there are no major disadvantages to taking inositol, and inositol deals with a much wider range of issues than SSRIs (for example).

I feel that inositol played a big part in me getting my life back.

I'm running low on inositol and have had to reduce my daily intake to just 2g per day once more. YET AGAIN this coincides with an increase in my feelings of panic and anxiety. I'm picking more up tonight. I find 4-6g per day to be extremely helpful, if rather expensive.

maeanna
05-09-09, 00:20
WOW! its great to read all ur posts! I had another success today and went on 2 buses for 22 minutes on a route i had never been on before!!!
Suzy-sue: with regards to tiredness at first i felt tired about an hour after taking 3 tablets in the morning but now a week later im use to it and take 3 every morning and am fine! I always take them with toast and peppermint tea coz u should take them with food!
Im so pleased those that have tried them are noticing the difference too! I wonder why gps dont recommend Inositol and vit b6 to try first as opposed to ssri's which for me didnt work as i took 3 types and all gave me insomnia and worse anxiety! Hmm i may ask my gp that next wk!!!! lol!
Sweetypie - ul get there huni different things work for different people but speak to ur gp about vitamins and natural remedies and hun i do still think about it just not 1st thing in the morning! and nowhere near as much and ive calmed down and feel less argumentative and more relaxed!!!! xxx

suzy-sue
05-09-09, 11:11
Thanks Maenna ,will give them a go .They do sound like they are effective ,and I agree with you about Drs they are too fond of writing out perscriptions for ssris . Hope you continue to feel better .Sue x

Cat80
05-09-09, 14:27
That's so great that they are working for you :)

I've been trying them for the past few weeks and can't say I've felt any better on them (am taking 3 650mg tablets a day from Holland and Barretts). Recently I have felt more sick and more anxious. I looked up Inositol on the internet to see if they were side effects and apprantly some people can get worsened panic and anxiety on them. Trust me to be in that small percentage. I take them one at a time 3 times a day

I really thought this was going to be something that worked for me as CBT doesn't seem to be doing anything and neither has SSRI's. I'm at a loss what to do now.

So glad it's working for some people though, that is really great news

maeanna
05-09-09, 19:59
Cat80 hav u tried hypnosis? Thats the other thing that works well but i am taking the Inositol whilst i save up for my hypnotherapy coz the one i go to is expensive! I think different things work for different people its just a case of ive tried everything over the past 24 years and Inositol is the only thing which makes a difference! i take all 3 tablets first thing in the morning i dont know whether that makes any diff but guess it wouldnt if it makes u feel sick or anxious!!! but I tried the 5HTP and that made me feel ill but yet works well for my friends anxiety! so please dont give up and just keep trying things and im sure ul find something that helps you. x

Cat80
06-09-09, 11:29
Thanks meanna :)

No I've not tried hypnosis. I don't work at the moment so couldn't afford it even though it's something I would love to try. I've tried 4 or 5 different SSRI's, beta blockers, 5HTP, vitamin B complex etc and nothing seems to work. Been having CBT for the past 6 weeks but feel no better with that either, just seems to be filling in form after form and not much else.

maeanna
06-09-09, 18:02
Heya
Tbh ive tried the same as u and have only found hypnotherapy really works but coz i gave up my job coz of emetophobia i cant afford it either altho if you contact MIND they do reduced rate hypnosis or sometimes you pay what u can afford so it might be worth a try and give them a call or visit their website. but coz ive already seen a good hypnotherapist twice i wana go back to him so am attempting to work again just so i can save up!!!
in the mean time im sticking with my inositol! have u tried any other natural rememdies like rhodiola or any of the flower remedies?
x

Cat80
07-09-09, 11:28
Thanks maeanna, I'll have a look on the MIND website.

Yes I've tried so many natural remedies, Rhodiola, Rescue Remedy drops and pastilles, Kalms, Magnolia, B Complex etc and nothing has helped slightly with the anxiety or emetophobia.

I'm trying Inositol again as of this morning and have taken 3 tablets with my cereal. Don't feel sick 2 hours later but do feel very tired but then again I always feel tired lol.

Thanks again maeanna and keep us updated on how the Inositol is going for you :)

maeanna
07-09-09, 13:20
U sound like uve tried the same as me! Its a nitemare isnt it ;o( I just wish I could wake up one morning with no phobia!
Im actually starting a psychology degree to try to understand more about anxiety etc and hope to eventually help other people coz it upsets me to think there are so many people living with this phobia and there is no affordable help out there!
Anyway fingers crossed the Inositol will work this time,let me kno how u get on hun! After 10 days Ive just upped my dosage now to 4 tablets with a 100mg of vit b6 in the morning coz i had a slight bit of anxiety over the weekend maybe coz my body had got use to it im not sure but il see if i can manage to stay awake on 4 tablets!!!
Take it easy,

NoPoet
07-09-09, 20:50
How did you get reduced rate hypnotherapy from Mind? I have never been offered this and cannot find it on their site.

Bear in mind that anxiety is an emotion and you cannot cure an emotion completely -- inositol will help to reduce its effects and will help combat GAD but don't freak out if you still feel anxious. You will always feel some fear as long as you continue to grow as a person!

Cat80
08-09-09, 11:42
Thanks again for the advice :)

Yesterday I took 3 Inositol at once in the morning (taking 1950mg). Felt shattered all day then in the evening was so anxious I was convinced I was going to be sick. Then spent all night waking up on and off feeling sick, it was terrible. I don't know if the Inositol contributed to this or not. Just know I can't have another night like that. I even took an anti nausea before bed but that didn't stop me waking feeling sick which of course made my anxiety worse. Don't know what's wrong with me at the moment and can't even get a Dr's appointment as all pre bookable ones are gone.

freudian nightmare
08-09-09, 16:34
Cat80,
Sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment, i don't have emetophobia but i do suffer with anx/dep and i have felt that inositol has taken the edge of some of my symptoms although i too still get bad days. Like psychopoet said it's not a cure and may not affect some as well as others you may just need to persevere a bit longer with them to see better results. It's good that we all share our experiences good and bad as it shows that everyone doesn't react the same as others who take the same remedy. I hope you feel some benefits soon or find something that helps you cope better with your symptoms. Best wishes and tc x

Cat80
08-09-09, 17:08
Thanks freudian nightmare :)

I just feel incredibly sick as well as anxious since I started taking Inositol and don't know if they are connected or if it's just the anxiety? Also depsite taking sleeping tablets I am sleeping worse as well. I'm just wondering if maybe they aren't right for me as I have read they can worsen anxiety for a small amount of people.

freudian nightmare
08-09-09, 17:27
Hello again cat80,
I didn't get to finish my thread properly before i think i was doing it too long or something:doh: . It could just be anxiety but i'm not saying it couldn't be the inositol as everyone reacts differently as i said before. Don't give up just yet though as sometimes our anxiety can get the better of us when taking something new, we can assume it's what we're taking and get even more anxious about carrying on with it -it's a vicious circle as we all know with anxiety. Take care x

Cat80
09-09-09, 13:44
On day 3 of taking 3 in the morning and last night was a good night, didn't feel sick and only slightly anxious. Just hoping it's not just a one off and that I can start to feel better more often than not. Planning a shopping trip to Manchester in 3 weeks and travelling is a nightmare for me (1hour 15 each way on the train then the shopping).

maeanna
09-09-09, 18:03
Excellent!!!

maeanna
09-09-09, 18:06
Excellent!!! Thats so good Cat80! Fingers crossed you'll be fine now ur bodies got use to it! Keep positive thinking about ur mancs trip and im sure ul be okay! All the best :o)

Cat80
10-09-09, 10:28
Thanks maeanna :)

Last night was a bit of an anxious one but I could control it better than usual. How are you going? Is the inositol still helping you? Hope you are well :)

maeanna
10-09-09, 19:29
Heya, I now have a bit of a prob! when i started taking 5htp and vit b6 i started getting really dizzy and feeling sick first thing in morn which i put down to 5htp and then maybe just a bit of anxiety then it carried on after stoppin 5htp and starting Inositol and now its so bad i went to the nurse today and mentioned it and she said my blood pressure is very low possibly but NOT guaranteed to the inositol but im goin to the gp on mon for more tests and am desperately hoping its something else!! coz my anxiety is virtually non exisitant and ive decided to carry on taking it anyway! I got on a tube train during rushhour tonite!!! and i didnt even close my eyes!!!! amazing!!!! im glad ur getting there too!!:o) xxx

Cat80
11-09-09, 10:01
Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit rough maeanna. Really hope it's something simple. I know hypoglycemia (sp?) can cause dizziness and nausea and also anxiety. Try eating small meals every 3 hours and see if you feel any better.

Fingers crossed it's not the inositol as I know it's been working for you.