PDA

View Full Version : Medication........?

cricketjar
03-09-09, 17:35
Im suffering from HA and panic and its getting to a point now where i am really sick of all this (negative thoughts, heart palps, twitching, hair loss) the list goes on. I really am trying to resists drugs because of side affects and so on but im struggling to beat this. I have read other posts saying how much meds works and i know it is different for everyone thats what scares me. I have found out today that my counselling could be as long as 2 months away which has annoyed me. I just want rid of these feelings.

James

carlos678
04-09-09, 01:21
Hi James,

I went through all the same sh*t and was also reluctant to take meds. Unfortunately sometimes there necessary to put you back on the straight an narrow. Medication will not cure you (unless you have an hormonal imbalance eg low testosterone, hyperthyroidism ect) it will only reduce your symptoms allowing you to take the necessary steps. Taking medication isn't as bad as it sounds; I've taken a variety of meds over the last few years and have had no negative experiences (regarding side effects ect), in fact they've been extremely helpful.

At the end of the day your not ill, you just have convince your brain your not (a lot easier said than done). You can do this with or without medication, its a personal choice.

What ever you decide to do - good luck