PDA

View Full Version : metatarsalgia????????

june
03-09-09, 18:25
my daughter has had this prob 3 weeks now:- severe pain and swelling in ball of the foot.
anyone had it?
what treatment were you given?
how long did it last?
It looks so bad and she is in so much pain when she tries to walk - the foot has been X-rayed twice and there are no fractures or broken bones. This is the third lot of meds the doctor has tried.
He just says ""it will take time"" .
any info please?
Thank you
June
:hugs:

june
04-09-09, 11:37
Maybe any footballers among you may know about this.
Please i am so worried for her.
june

suzy-sue
04-09-09, 12:05
My husband has had this June ,It can be relieved by painkillers NSAIDS rest and wearing comfy flat shoes .Also weight loss where applicable ,will help prevent reoccurrence .You can get special foot insoles and gel pads which relieve the pain considerably .Heres a link that you can use to purchase some if you cant get them any where else . www.drfoot.co.uk/meta.htm (http://www.drfoot.co.uk/meta.htm) It is a horrible condition and can be caused by several factors .Sometimes physiotherapy can be used .Hope it clears up soon .Sue x

june
04-09-09, 14:30
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Thank you so much Sue:hugs:
Just to know that someone else has had this condition (sorry).
Sue can you give me a rough idea how long it lasted before he was able to walk on it again??
thank you for the link - we have looked at sooo many sites the brain gets confused:blush: stange that i did not see ""Dr Foot":blush:
Best wishes
June

suzy-sue
05-09-09, 19:50
Sorry I havnt replied sooner June,I didnt look until now .The first time he had it it lasted a couple of months ,he found it very painful as he does a lot of driving .A while later he got it again but started to wear gel pads straight away and it went after 3-4 weeks .I think it would be worth wearing them all the time to be honest ,but you cant make a man understand that somehow lol. You can buy freeze spray for painful joints and this helped as well . Sue x

june
06-09-09, 11:34
:hugs: thank you Sue:hugs:
It is always worrying when pain and swelling go on for more than couple of weeks. To know that this is ""normal"" and you hear from someone else who has experienced it - it takes away some of the fear and worry.
Once again thank you
June:hugs: