PDA

View Full Version : Hi Partner Coming Off Citalopram

davem73
03-09-09, 19:28
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right area, as I will have to have good look around tonight, but I am just looking for any experiences or help, and hopefully then to help others, as my fiance is currently coming of citalopram and its scary after reading all thats on the web ......

I am in the medical profession(sort of if ambulance is classed as so) and we see stuff everyday, but not when your emotionally attached....

Hope! and good day to all :)
Dave

diane07
03-09-09, 19:54
A huge warm welcome to nmp

so nice to hear you are trying to help your fiance, try checking out this forum on citalopram it may be of help

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

best wishes

di xx

Veronica H
03-09-09, 19:56
:welcome: Dave. I presume your fiance has seen the GP. Citalopram leaves the body very quickly so it is important to reduce the dose gradually rather than go cold turkey.It is great that you are being so supportive.

Veronica

davem73
03-09-09, 23:33
Hi Di/Veronica

Thanks for the link, I think I have been across this but will have a look at my leisure tonight after work. I just need as much info as possible to be able to help.

I am trying to be un selfish about the whole thing, because from what I can understand so far is that, regardless of the withdrawel syptoms, it is more the reason that she is coming off them that is my issue, and I want to make sure that i dont make things worse for my Fiance, becuase that would break my heart, but also to keep myself healthy and be strong for us.

Is there a forum for partners in situation like mine ???? cause cant see one, and other than that I can only ask what other people who came off it for the same reason experienced, but i dont want to bring anybody into feeling any negitive thoughts about how bad it was for them. Thats not my idea of helping me or them. BUT I am prepared to make as much commitment to this as I can.

To cut it short, my fiance is stopping this and moving to MOI manerix, due to feeling cold and with no emotions(or not all the time anywhere) she says that sometimes she feels so much in love, but them can feel nothing at all. We both have been on different sites and we know she is not alone, but as I said it is still a bit confusing for me.

Thanks again and if you could point me in the right direction then great

Have a nice rest of day.

Dave xx
:unsure: