PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions??

in1peace
17-10-05, 13:14
Hi Everyone!
I take meds and I think they have been working great for me. But what I want to know is, when life hands you some bad stuff that you can't control, what steps do you take to keep from spiraling into negativity?
I am really struggling after a tough weekend. I have a situation that I've had to battle for many years and most of it is something I have no control over, but I'm still fighting/wrestling. I think I've had too much caffeine as well, so I think that's interfered with my meds a bit.
I just need some ideas for those things that happen beyond our control, because this wound is deep and it gets reopened often. If I keep dealing with this, which is likely to be the case for several years, what are ways I can be proactive and keep the dark clouds from ruling me??
Feeling a bit lost...
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

eeyorelover
18-10-05, 03:50
Hi Andrea -
I don't have any advise to give - but I just wanted you to know that I am always here for you. I also wanted to tell you what a wonderful person you are :)
I love ya bunches!!! and will always be proud to be your twin separated at birth(lol)

Love ya
Sandy

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

in1peace
18-10-05, 13:12
Hey Sandy!
Thank you for that! ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Just trying to remind myself that I am having a blip. I hate the feeling of fighting with situations that I can't control!
You are the best!! XXX
Love,
Andie

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Peru83
18-10-05, 16:53
Sorry to hear that your having a bad time of it hun, just writing to say that I'm thinking of you and hope that you feel better soon.
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

in1peace
19-10-05, 03:47
Thanks Claire!!
You are awesome!! ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Nigel,

I'm tilting my head sideways, it looks a bit awkward, but it's making me laugh and that helps! I think looking at my problems 'sideways' might just be the best, most original advice I've gotten yet! Sorry to be so mushy, but you are getting a ((((((((hug))))))))))) for that! :D

mum2four
19-10-05, 04:16
I struggle to deal with things that are out of my control as well. The best things works for me is to remind my self that I dont have judge my self by thing out of my control I need to judge my self bases on things I want to achive in live and my standards. If I brack my own rules then I make a plan to correct my behaviour in a positive way. If I affend someone because thay dont like oppinion then I remind my self that it dosen't matter thats there problem I was not out to affend them I was expresion my opinion and I have a right to do that in a positive way. That was just exapple the point I'm trying to make is that have plan to deal a situation ready before it happens if you cant remember it write it down in a diray or better still put up on your wall where you will see it. having positive poems and my positive songs ready to use got me threw a lot of hard time I would turn my music up real loude and sing the word's to the song and the song really changed the way I thought about life. i came across the song by accident or maybe it was meant to be which I what I like to beleive these days. It was used as the star trek theam song and it when i heard it i had to get my hands on the full version and I'm sure glad I did cause it was even better than short theam section.

I would also put on funny silly song's about nothing really just to refocus my thought's. I the day I started to walk and tell my self over and over that I can do this I can have fun I do have the right to a life I dont have to let other peoples feeling get inside me and bring me down real bad I have the right to do what makes me happy and healthy.

I really think it's important to know what you want out of life and then go for it at your own pace. Make sure your fighting the fight you want to fight or you will find it hard to keep on fighting or to find your true self.

Let your self love your self fully and trust your self enough to know you can do any thing you want to and others dont like you for who you are let them deal with that cause you cant change other people and you life gose on with out us and we need to know we allowed to be apart of it in any way we want to be in a positive way.

in1peace
19-10-05, 17:46
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) mum2four
I think I will take all of that into consideration because next week will be a very tough week for me and I'm already anticipating a tough time. those tips will help me, I'm sure!
Glad to have spoken with you in the chat room! You are so sweet!
Love,
Andrea

Meg
19-10-05, 18:24
Andrea

You look after yourself and let us know if we can help you at all.
Thinking of you xx

LisaS
19-10-05, 18:46
hiya andrea,

sorry you are having a tough time honey...

i think mum2four had some valid points about fighting the fight you want to fight and knowing what you want and going at your own pace.

i have recently had some news that will mean a HUGE change in my life and I must also remember that I have to do what I want at the end of the day and not please people. Also take little steps to get to where you want to be, there is no hurry. And know that whatever happens, you'll handle it as best you can.. which WILL be good enough.

good luck and PM me if you want to chat and get things off your chest...

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

in1peace
20-10-05, 17:36
Thanks Lisa! XX :D