PDA

View Full Version : pregnant and worried :-(

mila
03-09-09, 21:30
Hi all, i'm 20 weeks pregnant and really panicked today. I've been doing pretty well for a little while, coping considering everything, how i've always been so scared of pregnancy, having hyperemesis and of course my anxiety. I would start feeling very anxious about the pregnancy from time to time, but i was controlling it till now. Two days ago i woke up feeling like i'm gonna fall over, my head just heavy or lightheaded, not really sure. I did feel occasionally dizzy or lightheaded since the pregnancy, but this time it was more, reminded me of what i felt couple of times previously and it freaked me out. Still managed to stay pretty calm til today. I did however feel scared both mornings after that when i'm about to get up:blush: . Well today it was worse, i was feeling faint and lightheaded and my heart would occasionally race. I had an appointment with my supervisor and i was really panicking at this point, barely able to focus on what he was saying, trying to breathe to calm my heart down, feeling like i'll black out any second, i was so sure it was about to happen. I went to see the doctor later on, and i was thinking my bp would be low and that would explain it all, but it was 139/90! although i did sit for 20 minutes in the waiting room pretty scared of what she's gonna tell me and generally anxious about the whole thing. My urine was ok she said, so i assume no protein there, but she never said anything about that. She didn't seem worried at all and the whole visit didn't help me at all i think. Especially now that i read on here about someone having the same bp and feeling faint and doctors checking for preeclampsia! I still feel all woozy. Now instead of just worrying about my bp falling i have to worry about it being high as well! Even been feeling some weird stuff at the back of my head since i read about P-E, my brain goes that might mean my bp's even higher now...
I am so sorry, i must sound ridiculous, i've just always been so scared about pregnancy complications, ever since i can remember and now i actually am pregnant...

Josie
03-09-09, 21:42
Awww hun, you poor thing!

I know its easier said than done, but you need to remind yourself that you're okay. It could be your anxiety thats causing you to feel woosey and lightheaded - it certainly does that to me, and I find it frightening enough even though I'm not pregnant.

If you're still worried go back and see your doctor again (or a different one if there's another one in the surgery) and explain your health fears. Its only natural that you should be anxious about your pregnancy, but obviously its worse if you generally suffer about anxiety. A good doctor will listen to you and assure you about your pregnancy.

You are doing really well, so don't be so hard on yourself. Take care.
x x x

mila
04-09-09, 12:43
Thanks for your kind words, Josie xo It is hard enough just dealing with feeling faint and dizzy as u people u had it know well, even if it was for a reason that is not worrying, like low bp at this stage of pregnancy, when it is normal and even wanted for it to be low. Not to mention now that i cant stop trying to figure out if it actually is lower and just went up at my docs appointment, with my usual fear of taking bp plus i was scared of what she was gonna tell me, or is the bp actually that and i feel faint for another reason... I am just unable to unfocus from this, as soon as i am to get up from sofa i think ok will i feel like falling down... As i am lifting myself up from bed past few mornings i would feel my heart quicken with feeling lightheaded, this gets me thinking too. I did deal with this type of symptoms occasionally before but it feels extra worrying now i'm pg...

mila
04-09-09, 15:33
Seems i am the only worried one... i have spent all day sitting here scared every time i even get up to go to the kitchen or something! I called the advice line, spoke to a midwife, couldn't get in touch with mine, she was like oh well if the doctor wasn't worried about your bp than it's ok, maybe you were just anxious! Yes maybe i was... but i don't know for sure, that is the problem, just keep wondering what is my bp now, maybe it is low really and that's why i feel crap, maybe it's high and that's why i feel crap...It's been ages since i was so scared like this to go out...

Josie
05-09-09, 22:13
I'm sorry that no one seems to be helping to put your mind at rest. No wonder you're feeling scared. Is there anyone that you can talk to and explain how bad you're feeling? It might help to lift some of your worries if you can talk about this to someone you really confide in.

Hope your okay x

Togepi
13-09-09, 10:50
hello!!! im in the exact same position as you! im 28 weeks pregnant and im absolutely freaking out about pre eclampsia and i dunno why. this is my second son and my last pregnancy was textbook 5 years ago but this time my anxiety is thru the roof im absolutely terrified! went to see doc the other day and tested my urine and said it had 3plus leukocytes.... well u can imagine how i freaked out even tho i didint even no wat they were lol i just kept saying is it protein? and she said no apparantly its wen u have a water infection but ive had no pain or anything in that department so i came straight home and googled :( shame on me. also my bp was 141 over 90 but she took it again a few minutes later and was 131 over 89 she didnt seem worried but i really am :( to top it all off ive got to get my bloods took on tuesday and i absolutely freak out every time i go white as a sheet and shaky and feel like im gonna pass out its the worst. i just wish there was a guarentee tht i wudnt ave any complications in pregnancy it scares the hell out of me im convinced my bp is gonna go so high im gonna have seizures and even a stroke totaly irrasional but i ant help it. i hope its helped u knowing your nnot the only one xxxxxx