PDA

View Full Version : Rationalisation

Matt
17-01-04, 16:11
I was out shopping this morning in a place that used to make me feel terrible!! And I suddenly realised I was doing it without thinking of the panic...

I realised I was feeling all the things that used to make me panic... ie it was very stuffy in there, I was hot couldnt get a deep breath... But I seem to now not associate that with panic so I actually looked at it rationaly and thought ok what I need to do is go outside and get a drink!

I did that and felt a whole lot better...

Dont know if anyone is interested in the above lol but it was the first time I realised that I felt nearly normal again!

Cheers

M

sadie
17-01-04, 16:17
Hi Matt,

Its funny how you suddenly realise that the things that used to scare you dont anymore, or that you realise that they dont really matter to much because you know just what to do!!!

Well done for remaining calm and coping today. As Bryan and Meg keep telling us all....all these little steps will eventually pay off!

Take care

sadie

Matt
17-01-04, 16:21
Cheers Sadie:)

Just keep chippin away and it does pay off doesnt it!:) It can just take a long time to realise it!

Meg
17-01-04, 18:02
Brilliant Matt.

Keep it going

nomorepanic
17-01-04, 19:24
Matt

Nice one mate. That happened to me on my drive up the A1, I just kinda forgot to panic one day and then realised I was doing it!

Perhaps you will now find other places you go to and things that you do that just become second nature.

xx

Nicola

Matt
17-01-04, 19:29
I've been doing the no panic thing for quite a while now... It has only been today that I noticed that the feeling that I used to call panic is infact a perfectly normal feeling of just bein hot and needing a drink!

To use my phrase nic I used to be a muppet but now I'm slightly less of one!:D

Thanks for all the comments guys!:) Just keep at it and you can do it!!

m

stimpy
17-01-04, 23:11
Well done Matt, that's fantastic.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric