PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol and antibiotics

Mondie
04-09-09, 12:17
Does anyone know if you can take erythromycin with propranolol?

I've been prescribed prop by my doctor to try and help with anxiety/migraines and I now have a tooth infection and have been given erythromycin by my dentist. Stupidly didn't mention my other tablets, so don't know if it's safe to take?

Thanks

pd
04-09-09, 12:45
I've just looked at the leaflet that came with my propranolol and couldn't find anything saying don't take antibiotics, there was stuff about other drugs.

Still, I read somewhere that you're not supposed to mix declofenac and propranolol, and my doctor gave me both of those on the same prescription. If you're unhappy about mixing them could you leave off taking the propranolol until you've finished the course of antibiotics?

Mondie
04-09-09, 12:48
Thanks, will probably do that.

Don't know what's worse, the tooth pain or the anxiety! Actually the tooth pain is keeping me occupies so I'm not noticing all my other 'symptoms'!

Mamfa85
05-09-09, 19:27
hi i have antis for tooth infection and im on propanolol.I was worried the same as you but i have asked my doctor and he said it was fine and i was on a very high doze cos my teeth are terrible.