PDA

View Full Version : Going sort of bananas...jaw!

AntiLove_SuperStar
04-09-09, 15:05
Recently I have, without doubt, been under a lot of persistant (sp?) stress.

At times, my (lower) jaw feels weird. It isn't jerking or spasming, but it feels like its -about to-...I guess you'd say it feels tense, or "worked up". I have aches in my face below my ears too, and sometimes across my forehead.

Occasionally I hear a "pop" when I open my mouth wide, but I wouldn't say it hurts to open my mouth.

How bad can jaw tension get?? It is possible for your jaw to jerk upwards and lock into place, for example?

I know I am being stupid. I know that. But it feels WEIRD.

justbananas
04-09-09, 15:16
DID I HEAR MY NAME BEING CALLED. jk, yes i get this as well. my mom banned me from eating apples around her anymore because apparently my jaw sounds like it's slamming against a brick wall when i eat them. but i'm eating one now and i can't hear anything. hmmmmmmmmm !

so yeah, i get the tight tense jaw thing and i think it contributes to my headaches. the dentist said it was TMJ and i prob grind my teeth at night from stress and gave me this ugly looking mouth thing to wear at night but i put it in once and ended up spitting it out after like 5 minutes. which is rad because it cost $800. anxiety = awesome.

AntiLove_SuperStar
04-09-09, 15:19
Ouch, at the $800 as well! Good to know (well not, but you know what I mean) that someone else knows what the heck I'm talking about.

justbananas
04-09-09, 19:05
oh yes.. i do .. ignore it and it feels less. when i focus on my jaw it literally will lock up. my trainer gave me specific relaxation exercises for my jaw .. hard to explain online.. but i'm sure you could google TMJ relaxation exercises or something or ask someone to show you. helps a ton.