PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mercury fillings If anyones interested :

ANXIETY26
17-10-05, 19:35
I have mentioned in previous post that when I first took Citalopram at the age of 21 that it brought back a feeling that I forgot had ever existed. It was the best feeling ever. I then knew that something had been wrong. Has anyone else felt like this after taking it?? Anyway, I quit taking the Citalopram after a year and have never had that feeling return. I tried it again and it did'nt have the same effect. I havent taken any medication for a while now and was wondering if that feeling will ever return without taking it. Surely you should'nt have to rely medication. Im 26 now and a Homeopath has recommended me having my mercury fillings taken out. I know Im probably wasting my time and money but I know deep down that SOMETHING is stopping me from having this feeling. Has anyone ever managed to get that feeling back without taking medication. Please help!!

desperate
17-10-05, 19:52
Hi there,

Maybe just as i have said to you before, not just thinking about the medication and seeing that as the reason?

What else did u do when you were 21 to make u feel better?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

nomorepanic
17-10-05, 23:00
I have not taken medication for over 8 years and I am doing well now. It is all about finding things that make us happy not just taking meds.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

mum2four
17-10-05, 23:51
have yu eva concidered that the feeling might be like the feeling of doing something for the fiirst time. Nothing eva feels the same as the first time and it's unrealistic to think your'll eva get first time feeling's back. Serching for that feeling of how you felt when you did something for the first time it often why people brack up with someone a move on to another person and then thay never learn what it feels like to have sercurity and long term love and affection ect. I'm not trying to say your that sort of person but maybe your looking for a feeling that you'll never get again that feeling you felt was proberly a first time thing and not something that is long term achivable and to expect to feel it again maybe an expection that is way to high which in turn will hold you back in so many other way's.

When i went on anti depressant fot the first time I got an amzingly high mood and feeling's I had never felt before and I got to a point where I felt safe to go off them agaist the dr advice and then i was put back on them a fue years later and i didn't feel the same high as the firsta time and after about a year i took my self off them cause I was staying at one emotioanl level and i was serching for the high that I felt i needed from live. With high's come low's as well and while I did very well off med's for 3 year's I am now back on a differne t med for anxiety this time not depression cause i felt I was at a high risk of getting depression in the next year if i didn't get the anxiety under control for good this time.

I would be really asking your self why do you feel the need to have that high feeling back. Just maybe(it might be a big maybe) you need to change what your aiming to achive out of live in stead of looking for a way to get that feeling back. That feeling your seeking sound's a lot like the feeling off the first time doing something and really the only way to get that feeling to live life to you fullest potensial and not holding your self back in any way or cutting you self off from the would in case you might get hurt. If we never put our self out there in ther world we cant eva get hurt but we cant eva feel that amazing high from living live to the fullest.

When I was in depression I felt like i did love my partner but i made a promise to my self to not make any decission about my life untill i was over my depression. When I was out of depression all the feeling came again and more so I'm far more in love with him now than I eva was at any time in my life. When ever I feel like thing's aren't as good as thay were I go out of my way to get those feeling to come back again. I think the same really dose applly to life just as much if not more. I'm still leanring to cope with the bad part's of live so that I can enjoy the really good part's but I know in my head that expecting to much to soon is just going to put too much persure on me and then i will get scared and back off. Maybe you doing the same sort of thing just maybe I dont really know what gose on inside your head only you can tell if you presure your self more than anyone els could eva do in alife a time.

nomorepanic
18-10-05, 08:27
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Im 26 now and a Homeopath has recommended me having my mercury fillings taken out.
<div align="right">Originally posted by ANXIETY26 - 17 October 2005 : 19:35:22</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

When I go to the conference in November I am attending the dental phobia seminar. Would you like me to ask what their opinion is on mercury fillings before you have all yours taken out?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

ANXIETY26
25-10-05, 14:30
Well I've had an advisory sheet from the Dentist im going to see regarding having my mercury fillings removed. Here are a few things on there which are quite interesting.

Fact: Mercury is a powerful poison. Published reasearch has shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium and even arsenic. Furthermore, there is no known toxic threshold for mercury vapour and world renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapour can be considered totally harmless.

Fact: Scientific research has demonstrated that mercury, even in small amounts, can damage the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, blood cells, enzymes and hormones and supress the body's immune system.

Fact: Mercury is continually released from the mercury dental fillings in the form of mercury vapour and abraded particles. This process is simulated and can increase as much as 15 fold by chewing, brushing, hot liquids etc.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Meg
29-10-05, 16:39
There is an entire page of The Times, body and soul dedicated to Dental Detox today - page 25.

Also an article on CBT - nothing we don't already know though.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

ANXIETY26
10-11-05, 15:53
Well I came back from my appointment with the Holistic Dentist today feeling quite positive. He checked for electricity in my fillings and two of them came back with a very high reading. He mentioned that the amount of electricity could be playing havoc with my brain. He also mentioned that the mercury from fillings drip a bit like a tap and no amount of mercury is safe in the body, especially the brain.
Im having all the fillings removed later this month and am hoping to start feeling better. If not, well, I'm becoming an Holistic Dentist because I've always wanted a Ferrari!! :)

Trev
10-11-05, 16:51
Meg, I missed your post on the 29th.

Can you remember the key points of what they said in that Times article?

Thanks,

Trev

ANXIETY26
10-11-05, 19:35
Here's the link Trev,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8125-1845896,00.html

Paul

Meg
10-11-05, 20:01
Thanks Paul for finding and posting it.

I'm pasting it here in full as The Times don't keep everything available free on line for ever and the content may help someone else in the future.

It works for me: dental detox
Failing health and memory loss were halted after one man had new fillings, says Emma Mahony

When Arash Amel, a media consultant, started to suffer from memory lapses in May last year, he put it down to being tired and overworked. The 29-year-old South Londoner would start sentences and then halfway through forget what he was talking about, which was especially embarrassing when making presentations to clients. But when his memory lapses degenerated into panic attacks, causing him to wake in the night with dizziness and nausea, he knew that something was seriously wrong.
“I started to develop food intolerances. I had a highly processed diet — junk food — and lots of coffee. But whatever I ate, even a carrot, would sit in my stomach like a rock.” By the end of May, his panic attacks had become daily and his inability to eat properly meant that in six weeks he went from 67kg (10˝st) to 57kg: “I couldn’t eat, or work, or put together two sentences.” He went to his GP for blood tests, but nothing showed up. Finally the doctor said: “I can only recommend either medication for depression or to see a clinical psychiatrist.” Amel felt he was being written off as a madman and that conventional medicine had failed him.

Looking on the internet, he saw that some of his symptoms matched those of people suffering from systemic candidiasis, a fungal growth in the digestive tract that causes an imbalance in the body. He put himself on a candida supplement programme, took probiotics and vitamins. He also saw a nutritionist, who offered a hair mineral analysis to test for deficienies of essential minerals and toxic levels of harmful ones in his system. “The results showed that my zinc level was depleted, despite taking supplements, and, intriguingly, my mercury level was high.” Amel went back to the internet and found studies on sensitivity to mercury in amalgam fillings; interestingly he had undergone extensive dental treatment, including repairing a broken filling, three months before his symptoms started.

Mercury, a highly toxic metal, has been used in dental fillings since 1830 because it is fluid at room temperature and mixes easily to make a solid filling. Amalgam fillings, made from metals including silver, tin and nickel, contain more than 50 per cent mercury and are believed to be safe because the mercury becomes inert when bonded with silver, tin, copper or zinc. In 1998 the Department of Health acknowledged that amalgam fillings may release mercury vapour, but in small amounts that pose no threat to health. While white “composite” fillings, which are harder to fit, are available privately, the NHS offers only mercury amalgams.

The British Dental Association (BDA) states: “The BDA takes its guidance on amalgam filling from the Department of Health’s Toxicity Committee. Sensitivity to amalgam is rare, but if patients are concerned, they should contact their GP for a test.” A 1996 BDA factfile, however, put this rarity at 3 per cent of the population, or 1.75 million people in Britain today.

Having decided that mercury sensitivity was at the root of his problem, Amel found a holistic dentist, Dr Gareth Rhidian, to replace his fillings: “Gareth went through my case history, looked at my hair-test results and did an X-ray before removing the fillings, using a special system to filter the toxic mercury vapour.” There were also nutritional supplements to take during the process, including sea greens, vitamin C, selenium and magnesium.

The removal of the seven amalgams took place over four months in four sessions and, Amel admits, it has taken nearly a year for him to feel normal again, and his appetite did not return until three months into the treatment. However, the day of his first session, when the biggest filling was removed from his left jaw, he went home and cried. Fro

Trev
10-11-05, 20:37
Thanks very much for that guys.

It's a difficult one for me. I hate the dentist at the best of times and the thought of going there for work fills me with dread. If I was having new fillings I would say no to mercury now but as for getting the old ones out I really don't know??

Anybody got any thoughts or experience on this? (As he disappears off to count the number of fillings in the bathroom mirror!! :D)

Cheers,
Trev

Dan
11-11-05, 09:52
really interesting thanks
sometimes tho i think we are clutching at straws, however there appears to be something in it, unfortunately tho it is a finance thing again, i am worried tho cos my son has just had four fillings and as he was such a wus there is no way he will change them and i have a couple of black fillings but had them for years before my probs
so what do you do ?
dan

Piglet
11-11-05, 13:13
I'm of the generation who ate chewy bars and black jacks/fruits salads so have had a million fillings in my mouth since being a kid (shame I didn't spit those out too isn't it Trev?).

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev
11-11-05, 15:49
Lol.

Even YOU can't spit those out. Fruit salads were the biz. Used to eat loads of those and that stufft that was basically a bag of yellow sugar! OMG!!

I lost my first set of teeth to polos but luckily my mum and dad wised up and my second set faired better. However, I was prone to the odd curly wurly and flying saucers!! :D

Cheers,
Trev

woody32
08-09-08, 16:15
Im interested to know about mercury fillings also, I have quite a lot of mercury in my mouth due to fillings and wondered about it many times. I cannot afford to go private for dentistry however and assuming it would be quite expensive to have them removed and replaced..

Anyone who has any info on this would be appreciated..

I have been on ADs for many years now, and still cant quite get rid of the depression and anxiety..I seem to get some weird feelings just after I brush my teeth, and can feel lightheaded, spaced out and just generally not well, this happens regularly and not just now and again..

looking forward to any advice

thanks
]woody x