PDA

View Full Version : Good books to recommend

CrazyCool
17-10-05, 20:24
Does anyone know of any good books on Health Anxiety, I know there is lots on general anxiety, but I would like something more specific.

Thanks.

Mable
17-10-05, 23:30
Hi,

These may help:

I obtained some helpful booklets from OCTC (Oxford cognitive therapy Centre) recommended by my phsychologist, and can be ordered on the following website:
www.octc.co.uk
or
Booklets Secretary
Psychology Dept
Warneford Hospital
OXFORD OX3 7JX
tel: 01865 223986
email octc@oxmhc-tr.nhs.uk

I have 'Understanding Health Anxiety', 'Managing OCD', 'Controlling Anxiety', all for £2.50 each, all are very good and easy to read.

Also, a book called 'Phantom Illness' by Carla Cantor. I got a 2nd hand copy off Amazon for about £7.00. Its pretty good.

I hope this helps,

Mable

nomorepanic
18-10-05, 08:24
Mable

I was looking on Amazon the other day for some books on Health Anxiety as I wanted to do some research on it for this site. What is the 'Understanding Health Anxiety' one like? Is it very informative?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

vernon
18-10-05, 11:35
Claire wweeks - Essential help for your nerves is a real good book that have helped so many people and I found it a great comfort when I was feeling at my worst. It isnt directly on health anxiety but I thing most anxieties are conected to health as in people with anxieties always feeling Ill and cant seem to get peace of mind when doctors tell them they are ok. I also have suffered health anxiety and bad at times and think tackle the genral anxiety problems and the other anxieties follow. take care. Vernon