PDA

View Full Version : prozac

Maj
05-09-09, 16:19
I had said before I wasn't going to continue taking the prozac I was prescribed for ectopic heartbeats - well I took it for three days and wakened up during the night with awful ectopic beats. I felt a bit spaced out this morning when I woke up and now I am feeling quite anxious -which I wasn't feeling before. I now know that this is not the right medication for me. I know it is early days but I feel worse and have more symptoms than I had a few days ago. I am a bit stressed out about it all. Did anyone else feel like this with prozac?

Alicat
16-09-09, 16:31
Hi there,

Personally, my symptoms weren't worse when I started the prozac. I had a couple of days of feeling spaced and a headache for week. I had horrible anxiety on citalopram, but I know people who have had the same problems on prozac. Try and stick it out for a while and see if it dies down and then if not, think about getting different meds.

Good luck!

PanicOver!!
16-09-09, 17:37
Hi

I had to change from Citalopram to Fluoxatine(prozac) had a few side affects for a week or so but its now working fine for me

Best wishes