PDA

View Full Version : Nausea!!! How Long Can It Last IF It Really Is Anxiety???

panicagain
05-09-09, 20:44
Some of you may know about my latest ovarian cancer scare and i went to the dr yesterday but he only did an internal exam and pap test, he said he didn't feel anything abnormal up in there but he schedualed an ultrasound for thursday. Would you feel alittle better about it? I don't cuz it can't be diagnosed that way right? I'm Still Scared about it! I'm trying to hang onto any kind of hope i can but i'm running out of hope. If the ovarian cancer was REALLY bad do you think he woulda been able to feel something? I still have nausea almost all the time, it passes for an hour or two but then comes back,,,i also have back pain but right now thats my main 2 symptoms but other ones come and go too

what would u do with this info? Be Honest, would you still be freaked out?

RosieXXX
05-09-09, 21:33
Hello panicagain,

Once we get an idea fixed in our mind it is extremely difficult to take a step back from it, and it is hard to take comfort from words of reassurance.

I do believe if ovarian cancer is advanced it would definitely be possible to tell if things aren't normal from an internal examination. Whenever i have had an internal the gynaecologist has always felt both sides - this seems to be standard practice - it must be done for a good reason, so the fact that nothing abnormal has been felt during your examination is a very good sign, and something you should hold on to.

The ultrasound you have on Thursday will, I am sure put your mind at rest. I know it is a worrying time for you, and it will be very difficult for you to relax until you have the results. Remember the symptoms you are experiencing can be put down to all sorts reasons none of which are serious, and are most likely caused by high levels of anxiety.

Wishing you well xxx

Cat80
06-09-09, 11:23
I have nausea because of anxiety and have been suffering with it daily for over 2 1/2 years now and it's showing no sign of letting up.

By the sound of things you don't have ovarian cancer because the first test Dr's do to see if you have anything on your ovaries is an internal exam. If he didn't feel anything then it's highly unlikely you have anything wrong with your ovaries.

Probably IBS, the symptoms for IBS and ovarian cancer are virtually the same. I have IBS and worry all the time it's my ovaries when it's not. Nausea is also a common symptom of IBS. Have you had any tests to see if you are intolerant to any food as this can make IBS worse and cause nausea.

barbn
06-09-09, 19:38
I have to agree so far.....the DR would do an internal exam first.....and they can surprising feel a lot when they do this. They are trained to feel abnormalities - so first if the DR didn't feel anything it is highly unliekly you have anything other than ansiety. As for the nausea - as long as you have anxiety you can have nausea! I had it for about two weeks straight - lost about 15 lbs...had to force myself to eat. I hated it. My medication is finaly kicking in andthe nausea has subsidded and I am eating. Point being - if you have anxiety for a few weeks or even a few years that nausea can hang on for a LONG time!!

teez
06-09-09, 19:47
i was so bad with nausia one summer hun ,,i only stayed alive by sipping the odd mouthful of watered down soup,,,i just couldnt eat ,,id gag if i tried,,like as already been said i had to force food down,,, gagging at the same time,,i also had bad pain in my left hand side ,,i thought allsorts,,,but it turned out to be ibs,,,which can make you feel really sick,,,plus i nearly blacked out one day with the pain,,so it needed be anything that serious . hope everyones managed to settle you a little :hugs:

Luci-loo
06-09-09, 20:26
Have you tried peppermint tea? My OH brought this home with him over the weekend with my migraine prescription and it really helped with the nausea and calmed my stomach down as I didn't want to take the anti sickness meds because I made the mistake of reading the label before I took it.

It's supposed to be helpful for people with IBS as well but I can't personally claim that as I don't have it, I do get "bunged up" sometimes if I get too dehydrated and since my new tea drinking I've been a lot more regular.