PDA

View Full Version : Constant dizziness

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 10:13
I have constant dizziness which scares the hell out of me and i would like to know how i can live with this as i cant see how i can , i cant do anything , go anywhere i cant look after my daughter , im too scared to be on my own , people just keep telling me to get on with normal things but i cant because of the dizziness ,which as you can imagine brings on major anxiety and adrenaline rushes and depression , doc says theres nothing wrong with me but they dont have to live every day like this,, i feel like nobody beleives how bad i feel ,so fed up with not being or wanting to go anywhere or do anything because of this dizziness and how it makes me feel

teez
06-09-09, 10:35
ohhh i feel for you,,i suffer with high blood pressure,,,in fact it goes through the roof lol,,,which leaves me extremely dizzy,,,and yes just walking across the room can be disturbing,,,i tend to hold on to things as i go at times,,,at the moment its behaving,,,well i can sorta function,,,keep going hun it willl pass,,,as you except it,,the fear goes and your no longer feeding the anx so it gradually goes,,,try doing little and often,,and dont be so hard on yourself:hugs:

joshuaainsworth
06-09-09, 10:57
I know how you feel, I've had lightheadheadness for about a week now, which really worried me at first, how ever I haven't been giving it any recognition these past few days after seeing a Doctor and I've been busying myself with anything I can, washing up, reading, going for a drive, going for a walk etc

It seems to have faded into the background now.

It's just another anxiety symptom, I always tell myself that if it was something to be worried then I would have fallen ill enough for hospitalization long ago!

pammy1944
06-09-09, 11:27
I'm the opposite of teez...mine is caused by low blood pressure.........i find that getting up and moving slowly helps ......try not to worry xx

june
06-09-09, 11:37
:hugs:
It is the worry and the fear of the dizziness going round and round in your head that makes you dizzy.:weep:
June

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 13:04
I really dont see the point in being here anymore ive tried eveything and the dizziness and anxiety wont go , whats the point of being alive when i cant do anything but sit on my bed which is what i tend to do most of the day because sometimes the dizziness doesnt feel as bad if i lay on the bed,how can i look after my daughter while im feeling so dizzy , i just cant stand it ANYMORE ive had this for a year now

sue.b
06-09-09, 13:41
Hi Ya

I can understand how bad you feel at times. Anxiety and depression are very distressing, scary and unpleasant states to be in. Don't give in to them though because they can be beaten. As hard as it is try to remember "this is how you feel now, you won't feel this way forever". Easy said hard to do i know.

Do you think that the dizziness is related to Anxiety or are you concerned that something else is causing it?

Hope you improve as the days goes on.

Take care

Sue:hugs:

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 13:47
Hi sue.b Sometimes i think the dizziness is related to anxiety but most of the time i think its something else , something bad that the docs havnt found yet:weep:

JohnLuke300
06-09-09, 15:03
Hi again anxious elephant,

I have watched your posts over the last couple of days and somethings are clear for all to see. Firstly it is clear you are very anxious about you dizziness. Secondly the fact that you are obsessing over these thoughts show the severity of your anxiety. Dizziness is a very common symptom of anxiety, so there is an excellent chance that you dizziness is being caused by it. I understand your distress, anxiety of the level you are clearly experiencing is disabling and upsetting. But it is most likely that your obsessing over it is what is maintaining your anxiety and thus the dizziness.

june
06-09-09, 15:12
Hi like john i have been watching your posts - we are really trying to help - not upset you :hugs: .
Essential Help for Your Nerves - Dr Claire Weekes

£7.49 £6.99 Save: 7% off

Essential Help for Your Nerves: Recover from Nervous Fatigue and Overcome Stress and Fear (Paperback)
I really think that this book (from the online shop - left of screen) will help calm some of yoru fears. I read that you worry about your legs being weak??? that is explained in this book.
You need to know that you are NOT ALONE with these fears.:hugs: :hugs:
June
PS sorry to Nic if i was wrong to copy that info:blush:

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 15:34
thanx to all ,and i know dizziness can be part of anxiety but i thought you had to be hyperventerlating for this to happen, i didnt think it could be constant especially when im not over breathing:hugs:PS i know ur all trying to help and not upset me xxxx

JohnLuke300
06-09-09, 15:40
Hyperventilation is caused by expelling too much carbon dioxide from the lungs, and although it can cause dizziness it is not the major cause of it in anxiety sufferers. That prize goes to anxiety alone. So no, you do not need to be hyperventilating to be dizzy, you only need to be anxious.

trev1234
06-09-09, 16:11
hello ..i suffer dizzines all the time also..i do get some breaks sometimes..very scared of it too..im 41 yr old male..had stress and anxiety for a long time now..the dizzines is one of the worst feelings i get..the dizzines is not always the same kind if dizzines..i alway sthin k like u also that i have an ilness that the doctor has missed..worry constantly..but deep in the back of my mind im sure its just down to worrying to much..sometimes i get so dizzy it turn me to panic.and so the whole body symptoms kick in..stay strong..

anxious elephant999
06-09-09, 16:35
Hi trev1234 you said in your post that you get breaks from the dizziness , i dont seem to get any breaks even when im trying to distract myself it still seems to be there , r u on any meds ? my dizziness isnt always the same ither but still scares me , have you had any tests done for your dizziness ,ive had 2 ecgs at the docs they were only quick ones that lasted only a minute , and i was thinking how can they tell me thers nothing wrong with my heart when i was only wired up for 1 minute but they say they can which i still dont beleive but anyway they came out as normal nothing wrong ,Ive had an MRI on my brain which came back normal, ive had an eye test in may , nothing wrong other than the normal short sightness i have , ive had blood tests for thyroid, diabetes, anemia, liver function and other womens hormones , all came back fine , i have had blood pressure took , normal too , why cant i beleive the docs ? Also got appointment at ENT in october ,and i forgot too tell you i have a heart murmur that was discovered about 20 years ago but that didnt show on the ecg and when the doc listened to my chest he couldnt hear it so either its healed itself which i dont think can happen or there machines arnt as good as they say they are (which i shouldnt say as thats showing im doubting them again) Why oh why cant we all be free of this anxiety and able to live normally once again :hugs:Feel free to pm me at anytime if you want to chat i probably wont be much help but it will show your not alone

luke1982
06-09-09, 16:54
I used to get dizziness quite allot for about two months seemed worse when sitting down i realised that while standing or walking i was technically in a sense distracting myself. After stopping sleeping pills that i was on the dizziness seemed to subside and i was only left with a 'on edge' 'wired' like feeling

Shiloh
06-09-09, 19:01
Hey anxious elephant

I've lived with your symptoms for three years now and yes I'm sick of it but, I am now safe in the knowledge that is just the anxiety that is causing it. It can't hurt you and you're not going to die, go out of control and anything like that.

Depression is the biggest danger and learning to cope day to day is the answer. One day at a time. Some days will be worse than others but the more you anx, the worse the dizziness. It's hard I know (believe me) but once you can confidently say to yourself "It's just that bloody old anxiety" and I CAN cope with feeling a bit dizzy the easier it will become. The problem is keeping on top of it and not sliding back into the thought that there is something else wrong with you. There isn't. Please believe me. You are well, it's just your anxious mind telling you otherwise. Occupational therapy used to be for the mental cases in institutions but these days more of us need it. Keep occupied and thinking about things you enjoy and then doing them. It might give you a bit of a break from the anxst and therefore the dizziness.

Big hugs and hang in there.

TalkingHead
06-09-09, 19:05
Some heart murmurs are just that..a disturbance in the heart rhythm that do indeed go away as you age,they are often heard in younger children and they grow out of them which sounds like yours did,as for the they only did a 1 minute test thats because it really does only take a minute for them to get a reading(it takes longer them putting them stupid sticky plaster things on!:ohmy: ),they do longer ones if they pick up on anything....so once again your results were fine.

As for the dizziness yes it can be constant, I know I have had it and banging headaches for the last two years,have you been put on any meds?
The best one for dizziness is Betahistine.
Try not to worry about it(hard I know)as it only makes the condition worse.

anxious elephant999
07-09-09, 12:14
Hi the doc did give me something for the dizziness ( cant remember whats its called though ) but i darnt take it coz the doc said it could sedate me with the meds im already on and i dont like feeling sedated i already feel drugged up and in some kind of trance xxx:hugs:

june
07-09-09, 13:07
HI i am also on betahistine - they thought i had vertigo - they did MRI (Oh my!!!) it was fine BUT I said the tablets gave me confidence that the awful "black" giddiness of vertigo would not return.
I was so afraid of the bouts of vertigo that i take the tablets without a second thought - and yet when the Doc suggests meds for PA etc I say ""NO WAY"" i am terrified. That is strange isn't it???
Anxious - the other suggestion i have for you is ""sea bands"" they are for sea sicknes (and morning sickness)) BUT they work very well for my bouts of nausea and giddiness. They are a cloth band that goes round your wrists. About £7-50 expensive i know - but they work for me:yesyes: (from any chemist.)
Have you got Claire Weeks book?? Someone could get it from the library for you - Please believe me it is well worth reading:hugs: You probably want to scream ""don't be stupid..." i've done that.

Information is power!!!!
Best wishes
June

anxious elephant999
07-09-09, 13:13
Hi june i am currently reading "self help for your nerves " by claire weeks which ive had for years and yes read it numeous times , but thought id give iy another try , she says about accepting your symptons but ive tried so many times and just cant accept the dizziness and i dont know what to do and how to get better ,she says just float well i feel like im floating and thats scarey too , :hugs: xx

PanicOver!!
07-09-09, 13:48
Oh yes the good old dizzies

One of the worst things with anxiety for me
I used to think it was because

1. Not enough sleep
2. Not eating regularly
3. High Blood pressure
4 Low blood pressure
5. Diabeties
6. Hypoglycema
5. Brain Tumor

Now i accept its just Anxiety and by accepting it it has reduced the severity

Hang on in there

Marc

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

june
07-09-09, 13:57
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Good one PanicOver,
Recognise ALL those symptoms
Anxiety
Anxiety
Oh dear :blush: it just goes round and round.
Good that understaning helped.
:yesyes: :yesyes:
Best wishes
June

anxious elephant999
07-09-09, 13:58
Hi panicover did you have constant dizziness like me ,or did it come and go ?:unsure: