PDA

View Full Version : vivid dreams

morob
06-09-09, 12:02
Hi i have now been on 5mg of cipralex for 8 weeks , i used to take it in a morning , but just over a week ago i changed to night time, which i do find better. My question is that since taking these tablets whether i take then in the morning or evening i have very vivid dreams, alot of the time about people who have died or people i haven't seen for years.
Has anyone else had this happen and will it gradually pass ?
I look forward to hearing from you.

magpie girl
06-09-09, 12:22
hi maureen, i get vived dreams all the time since being on cipralex,and like you there about people who are dead or friends i havent seen in years,some times they can be really distressing:weep: :weep: :weep:

Laloula
06-09-09, 16:44
Propranolol makes my dreams very vivid and weird and I tend to have more scary or disturbing dreams nowadays. Theyre always lucid dreams though. Its pretty much every night, always remember them. Maybe I should start a dream journal.

Sunkid
06-09-09, 18:09
I am on cipralex and I have these vivid dreams from time to time. I don't know whether it is because of the meds, or rather because of fatigue. It happens when I am really tired and this creates a spiral that can drive me crazy. These dreams are so vivid that I cannot sleep afterwards and this causes more fatigue. I normally break the cycle by taking a mild sedative. Alzam helps me.

AntiLove_SuperStar
06-09-09, 19:03
I'm on a different med, but I sympathise over med-induced dreams. I never really remembered my dreams until 2 years ago when I started Lamictal...suddenly I started getting semi-regular nightmares, really freaky and surreal. I still have problems with this..perhaps twice a week or so.

I've tried taking my evening med a bit earlier, but there's only so much I can adjust it, because I'm meant to take one in the morning, one in the evening. Sometimes if I make a conscious effort to relax in the evening it seems to help, but no sure fire solution yet. I guess you just have to weigh up the pros and cons...if it really helps you in other areas, putting up with nightmares might be worth it.

mandie
06-09-09, 22:56
Hi

Since i started my meds, i have had the weirdest most awful dreams/nitemares

mandie x

Veronica H
07-09-09, 09:50
I had vivid dreams on Propranalol.

Veronicax