PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound stupid

Claire1986
06-09-09, 21:42
But what does a migraine feel like? Can it be one side? The temple area? Sometimes a pressure aswell as an ache? Feel it around your eye and ear?
Im trying to be rational and not assume i have a clot or something as i fainted a few week ago and hit my head. The doctor said it was because i got up too quick but never realy checked me out now i have this pain and im terrified but trying to convince myself its something normal. Anybody enlighten me..?

bottleblond
06-09-09, 21:47
Hi Claire

I'm no expert on migrains but from what i have heard yes the can appear on one side and can differ in severity.

Sorry i can't be more help hun but i am sure you will get many more replies!
Hope you feel better soon
Lisa
xxx

marcc64
06-09-09, 21:52
I always used to get mine over my left eye (eyeball) which resulted in me being sick :( but i imagine you can get them anywhere, I don't suffer from them anymore thank god :) but they were horrid.

valleybear
06-09-09, 22:11
Sounds like migraine Claire. Differs from person to person but can be one sided and around the eye area. XX

AntiLove_SuperStar
06-09-09, 22:16
I've only had one in my twenty one years on this earth, touch wood.

It started with a headache that was definitely predominantly left-sided. Then that side of my face went tingly, then my arm. I started feeling really sick, and my left eye kinda lost vision, lots of halos in my field of vision. I felt absolutely dreadful.

Ten minutes after it started, I threw up a lot..and then it was fine.

I'm so glad I don't get them regularly like some poor people do.

marcc64
06-09-09, 22:37
Yours sounds exactly like mine Anti Love

Always used to be sick then it was fine, always over my eye

Haven't had one in ages, always used to get them as a kid.

Of course if i got one now it would = brain tumor :( just goes to show how HA twists things.

jill
06-09-09, 23:17
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have only ever had one bad migraine, thank goodness, mine started with auras, then went on to full blown headache, which at one point I thought my head was going to explode, my head felt sooo heave and I was throwing up a lot. I have had just the aura appear too, very strange.

Symptoms of migraine

The main symptom of a migraine is an intense headache. This usually occurs at the front or on one side of the head. However, during a migraine attack, the area of pain can sometimes change position. The pain can feel like a throbbing sensation and it can be moderate or severe. The throbbing is usually made worse when you move.
Classical migraine symptoms (with aura)

Aura means a warning sign. It is the name that is used to describe the symptoms that you experience before the migraine begins. Around one in four people who experience migraines have aura symptoms. These can include:

Visual problems - you may experience visual disturbances, such as flashing lights, zigzag patterns, blind spots and other visual distortions.
Stiffness - you may have stiffness, or a tingling sensation like pins and needles in your neck, shoulders or limbs.
Problems with coordination - you may feel disorientated or off-balance.
Difficulty speaking - you may find it difficult to express yourself properly using words. Aura symptoms typically start between 15 minutes and one hour before the headache begins. Some people may experience aura with only a very mild headache.
Common migraine symptoms

Symptoms associated with a common migraine include:

Nausea - you may feel queasy and sick. This may sometimes be followed by vomiting.
Increased sensitivity - you may experience photophobia (sensitivity to light), phonophobia (sensitivity to sound) and/or osmophobia (sensitivity to smells). This is why many people who have migraines want to rest in a quiet, dark room. The symptoms of a common migraine often begin at the same time as the headache. However, these symptoms will usually disappear once the headache eases.
Other associated symptoms

During either a common or classical migraine, a number of associated symptoms can sometimes occur. These symptoms can include:

poor concentration
sweating
feeling very hot or very cold
abdominal pain (which can sometimes cause diarrhea), and
a frequent need to pass urine. However, not everyone experiences associated symptoms, and they do not usually all occur at once.
The symptoms of a migraine can last anywhere between four hours and three days. In between each migraine attack, all associated symptoms will usually disappear. You may feel very tired after a migraine attack, and this feeling can sometimes last for several days afterward.

It will go hun :hugs:

You take care

LOVE JILL XXX

Luci-loo
07-09-09, 02:34
I usually get my migrianes over my left eye and towards my temple and it kinda spreads over my forehead.

If you find you are starting to get them it may be an idea to get your eyes tested- I was told one gets sore because one eye has prefect vision and the other hasn't and my eye gets sore because it does all the work. Also because one eyes prefect I wasn't aware that I needed glasses. I still get them from time to time but they tend to be either hormone (of the monthly kind)/ duloxetine related or because I'm not drinking enough (have you just started new meds that might be making you dry mouthed)?

If the sickness is quite bad I find peppermint tea helps and is very soothing when I have a headache.

Hope I didn't scare you with my list of things that give me migraines (Iseem to be prone to them, I swear if I fell and broke my leg I'd have a migraine side effect) just explain some of the normalier things that can cause them.