PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - effect on eyes

Laura-Jane
19-10-05, 12:11
I've been on 20mg of Citalopram now for the last five days. On the second day I noticed that my pupils were large even when I was in a light room, It's been commented that they look as though I'm on cocaine!!

I saw my doctor today for a follow up appointment and mentioned it too him, he say's it's probably just a reaction to the medication. Is this a common side effect? Will it eventually go or will they be like this until I come off the medication?

Laura xxx

mjh74
21-10-05, 19:16
Hi Laura,

I have a good few visual disturbances when starting citalopram, they do gradually go away. I used to see bright shadows and other moving things that wern't there but I knew that this could have been one of the side affects and accepted it.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Peru83
22-10-05, 10:11
Hi Laura,

The side effects of Citalopram usually last a week or two, they aren't too pleasent but they will pass.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Laura-Jane
22-10-05, 17:35
Thanks for replying :)

I've been on them a week now, and thankfully my eyes are starting to look more normal!! I have to admit I've been a little paranoid about them even though I was reassured everything was fine!

Laura xxx

basics
24-10-05, 01:50
why do people still get prescribed Citalopram when there is Cipralex available which is a more modern medicine?

Nicky
31-10-05, 16:23
i started this medication last friday for my anxiety relief. does it work , does it hell. wish my doctor gave me some diazapam instead.

Meg
31-10-05, 16:38
Last Friday .. it takes 4- 6 weeks to kick in fully.

If you are desperate, ask for something else along side it whilst this gets working

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pennyroyaletea
03-11-05, 13:18
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">why do people still get prescribed Citalopram when there is Cipralex available which is a more modern medicine?

<div align="right">Originally posted by basics - 24 October 2005 : 01:50:59</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hello there, I am on Citalopram and have been since March. What is the main difference between the that and Cipralex?