PDA

View Full Version : please post ur experience with nausea here

panicagain
07-09-09, 16:38
How long did u have it? Was it there all the time? Did u throw up? Did u still eat? Did u sleep? Did anything help? Please tell me all about it.

I have nausea,,,its been here 2 weeks, its relentless but it has gone for short periods of time but always comes back. I haven't thrown up yet. I don't eat much and i don't sleep much either, i always wakke up panining about it. Nothing helps, i've tried peppermint, ginger and other self help thing but nothing. I'm panicing now on a regular basis. I've never took pills for it but out of desperation i took a viseril that the dr gave me for this but it didn't seem to do any good
PLEASE HELP:weep:

amandaj
07-09-09, 17:29
hi ive had nausea for ages now and i have thrown up with it a cpl of times,i cant eat either im sure its anxiety doing it but its a vicious circle dont eat get dizzy and so on its horrible hope it goes soon for you

amandaxx

lindzanne
08-09-09, 22:43
Hey. I'm Lindsay and I wanted to share what I've been going through the last few weeks. I have been having lots of tummy problems and recurring pelvic pain, and have a doctors appt tomorrow and am scared to death!!!! I also have a long-time terror of ovarian cancer, and have been following your posts because I have been feeling so similar, and peoples replies to you have been reassuring to me as well. But this is definitely not the first time I have had tummy problems due to anxiety. I have had off and on nausea, burning stomach, indigestion, etc. My first clue is sudden stomach problems and when they come out of nowhere, I think about what kind of pent up anxiety I could have had. And in every case there has definitely been a ton of stress going on that I had just been kind of ignoring, often not even realizing I was anxious. The last time this happened the nurse told me to stop eating anything solid, start with broth, slowly introducing gentler foods until I was back to normal, giving my stomach a chance to heal. This worked last time and so I've been trying it again this time. It's been working , and I started doing a lot more research about natural options for tummy issues. I found a great website about naturally dealing with IBS, although I have not been diagnosed with that, it covers every stomach issue under the sun. here it is: http://books.google.com/books?id=R45o_QLwPTQC&pg=PP1&dq=IBS+Healing+Plan#v=onepage&q=&f=false. I have been following the gentle food eating plan, even when I have to force myself to eat, and it has definitely been helping. I have been paying close attention and have been definitely noticing the way I feel when I eat, say, Mexican food, highly acidic foods, or have a glass of wine at a social function. I feel much worse, that day and the next. Then when I have a day of eating "safe" foods, I'm fine that day and the next.
I also have had a lot of luck with ginger tea, mint tea, and chamomile tea, and also ginger caplets, which are easy to find. The link I posted is a good reference for what to eat or drink depending on your stomach feeling.
So for me, although I am still so terrified this is all some kind of cancer, it has been reassuring to know that my stomach responds to what I eat. If it were cancer, I think usually that wouldn't happen. Also addressing pent up anxiety. obviously you are having very real anxiety right now, but was there anything you were kind of ignoring before your nausea happened?
I really hope you are feeling better, hopefully this provides some advice and relief, and know there is someone with the same fears, experience and anxiety as you.

meg86
09-09-09, 11:04
Hello :)

I started getting Nausea about a year and a half after my anxiety started, i was having counselling at the time, and at first i was finding it really hard and i found myself feeling sick all the time.

I felt like i could actually throw up and i used to run to the toilet but nothing came out, i got this everyday for a few weeks.

I still get this now just not everyday, When my anxiety is really bad i find the day after i get moments where i feel sooo sick it happens at random, more often in the morning but probably because i am more anxious in the mornings. Sometimes ill be sat at my desk and i feel i am on the verge of vomiting and i go to the toilet but i have never actually been sick.

My boss occasionally suffers from anxiety and he has moments where he feels exactly the same.

Ruby94
06-11-09, 05:04
I keep feeling ill when i eat or when i need to go to the loo..
Or when im planning to eat.. :/

Cat80
06-11-09, 11:20
I have daily constant nausea for 2 and 1/2 years and it never goes away. Haven't been sick yet but have felt on the verge of it many times. It's to do with the anxiety and until that's under control the nausea won't go away which is awful to think of because being sick is my phobia