PDA

View Full Version : Can it get any worse!

caziree
07-09-09, 22:42
Hi, I am on my 5th day of 50g of Sertraline. Don't think I have ever felt so ill and anxious........ My phone rings and I am jumping out of my skin! Help !!!

sue.b
07-09-09, 22:55
Hi Caziree

I found the anxiety increased a lot when I have upped my dose of Sertraline, but the side effects do disappear after 2-3 weeks. Stick with it, I'm sure things will improve.

Trouble is the benefits of the AD's don't start until 2-3 weeks, so sometimes at first you may feel a bit worse before you feel better. Hang in there.

Sue xx

caziree
08-09-09, 12:03
Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply. Only started them 5 days ago the doc started me on 50g. I am really scared they are making me much worse. I know I have to give them time but still scared they will never work for me and I will go further downhill. There seems to be so much support on here and I am so glad I found this site.

Hope you are having a good day today.

Caziree x

KK77
08-09-09, 22:53
Hi Caziree

I'm 2 weeks into taking sertraline and my anxiety levels were really high for the first week but are gradually easing now, so it will get better for you. It takes at least 4 weeks to really kick in... Good luck!

Mel77 :)